PDA

View Full Version : How to loosen up a table

Sinnister
06-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Whats up 2+2ers, I recently made a post about how I didnt think party poker games were as soft as they are made out to be. Needless to say I caught alot of flack, and I recently decided to give party a shot as you guys MUST know what your talking about. So I signed up for a eurobet rakeback program and I can usually find a nice table in the mid 30s for vp$ip. More commonly however I end up at a table that starts loose and with ten minutes becomes extremely tight and this becomes frrustrating as many people see the table get in line and pull up a chair. Instead of debating about the games, does anyone have better advice for loosening up a table without jeopardizing ur BR, or maybe some tips on table selection.

I hope this turns out to be a positive post rather than a war.

milesdyson
06-16-2005, 01:56 PM
what limit do you wish to play?

do you want to play full ring or shorthanded games?

make a buddy list. go through your pt summary and buddy list anyone with a 60+ vpip, then sit on their left and profit.

Jaran
06-16-2005, 02:14 PM
In addition to what Miles said, I'm looking for the bad/loose players rather than a loose table (but I'm taking it if I find one /images/graemlins/wink.gif ). PP does have some quite solid players on it, even at .5/1. However, the bad players, even at a table with a few other decent players, are what makes it profitable. I wouldn't concern myself with loosening up the whole table if I were you. But if you really want to, raise every hand your dealt for an orbit.

-Jaran

bottomset
06-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I just find the first 4 tables with ave pot 8-9(according to party) with an openseat for .5/1
never had any problems with that

I'm comfortable playing 3-10handed that helps

Sinnister
06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
On EUROBET, i added alot of the fish from my PT database, how do i track em down? Do i have to go table hopping?

Bodhi
06-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Hellmouth
06-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I like it. All streets look good.

Greg

Bodhi
06-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanx bud. Needless to say the table went ape-[censored] when I showed down. SB had AA.

Sinnister
06-16-2005, 02:49 PM
My problem with that is that when ur at a solid table, alot of ppl will know what you are doing. They might make a few comments, but it wont change up their game too much unless u get out of line more than a few times. I have this theory tat alot of the looseness depends on the 1st 2 players actions. If the 1st 2 players fold someone in mp1 might not play 55 or 66. So in extremely tight tables i am thinking of loosening up a tad bit with my limp hands and tightness of the table determines if i limp with hands like aj an up front maybe even some small pp in the mix, which i dont even like playing utg, lemme know what u think of this theory.

Bodhi
06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
No, I don't think that will work. The problem with loosening up in early position is that you'll get iso-raised by someone in middle-position. If you're raising AJ utg and everyone folds, that's ok. Btw, if you're playing 1/2 at party, try the 9max tables. They're much looser than the full ring tables for some reason.