PDA

View Full Version : Putting my life on the line with A7o

jcm4ccc
06-16-2005, 01:48 PM
I thought this was a good call on my part.

UTG 3500 chips
Button 1100 chips
Hero 1350 chips
BB 4550 chips

blinds 150/300

dealt to hero A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG folds
Button pushes
Hero calls

There are three reasons why I think this was a good call. First reason is the Button's action on previous hands. Second reason is UTG's action on previous hands. Third reason is BB's action on previous hands. In other words, I am not talking about the situation, but actions I had actually noticed on the part of the three others. Care to guess what these actions were?

BTW, this dialogue occurred after the button busted out with KQ.

Button: A7?
Hero: You were short-stacked.
Button: So were you.
Hero: Yes, with A7.

dfscott
06-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure about UTG, but I'm guessing that button was pushing a lot and BB was not defending very much. For UTG, I'd say he was either entering a lot of pots, minimizing your pushing opportunities, or he was calling a lot, minimizing the likelihood of a steal.

kamrann
06-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Maybe button kept pushing, but I have a feeling he couldn't because UTG had kept limping or raising every pot, this was the first time it had been folded to button, so you figured he was pushing just because he had the opportunity, and not based on his hand? And yeah, I guess BB has to be tight for you to make this call.

I'm still not sure about it though, just because of the fact you know you're putting your tournament on the line with a hand that no better than 60:40. That said, I can see it's an awkward situation for you with shorty on your right and the two big stacks to your left - button definitely has the advantageous position so maybe you weren't going to get a better chance if you waited.

jcm4ccc
06-16-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about UTG, but I'm guessing that button was pushing a lot and BB was not defending very much. For UTG, I'd say he was either entering a lot of pots, minimizing your pushing opportunities, or he was calling a lot, minimizing the likelihood of a steal.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, the button was definitely pushing a lot, and that is one of the answers (look at my position relative to the button and you'll see why that was such a problem for me).

As for UTG and BB, I'm looking for something more specific. In fact, it was the UTG's action on one specific hand and BB's action on a different hand that made this a good call, I think.