PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Blinds when someone is eliminated.

Toddy
06-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I played in a tourney last week and a guy was the BB in seat #7. On that hand the person in seat #6 got eliminated. So now seat #7 was the dealer. How do the blinds go now? Does he get out of the SB?

coolhandluke
06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
he shouldn't, he should post a small blind, and then the next 2 players each post big blinds. THe next hand, the dealer posts a small, followed by a small and a big. After that things are back to normal.

Toddy
06-16-2005, 12:54 PM
This is the correct way?

wmspringer
06-16-2005, 01:07 PM
My guess would be the empty seat would be the dealer and seat 7 would be the small blind as usual...but don't hold me to that.

djoyce003
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
on party you can get out of it....say the guy to your right was the BB on the previous hand and busted out. You'd post the small, the guy to your left would post the big blind and the dude that was the sb would now have the button. that's how they do it, not sure it's the technical right way or anything.

juanez
06-16-2005, 09:03 PM
I played in a tourney last week and a guy was the BB in seat #7. On that hand the person in seat #6 got eliminated. So now seat #7 was the dealer. How do the blinds go now? Does he get out of the SB?

In tourneys, the "Dead Button" rule is usually used. In this case, the Dead Button rule means that the #6 seat would have the button, even though no player is seated there. Seat #7 would get the SB and #8 the BB.

The "Forward Moving Button" rule was described by another poster and it sounds like this was used in the tourney you were in. In this case the FWB rule would make seat #7 the Button and have him post a SB on the button. Seat #8 and Seat #9 would both post BB's. On the next hand, seat #8 gets the button and posts a SB, seat #9 is SB and seat #10 is BB. On the third hand, seat #9 gets the button and posts nothing, seat #10 is SB and seat #1 is BB. It takes 3 hands to get back to normal using the FMB rule.

Toddy
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
using the dead button rule would seat #8 deal 2 hands in a row?