PDA

View Full Version : would you have played this KJs differently?

swatkaizen
06-16-2005, 12:23 PM
UTG is LP-P

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

My thoughts in white:
<font color="white">Maybe I should have raised PF (even though it would have lost more in this particular situation)?

Hero had AKo UTG. He was kind of a fish (LP-P). The raise, followed by the turn bet should have tipped me off, but he was playing so many trash hands.</font>

Entity
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm raising preflop and 3-betting the flop against all but the most passive of opponents.

chief444
06-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Raise preflop. 3-bet the flop. Lead the turn. Bet any river including an ace. Don't post results. They don't matter.

Sarge85
06-16-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. 3-bet the flop. Lead the turn. Bet any river including an ace. Don't post results. They don't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know - I bet this post could apply to 80% of the hands we see on this board.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

chief444
06-16-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know - I bet this post could apply to 80% of the hands we see on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Combine that with (is it Brad's?) response of yes, bet the river to any river value bet post and I think we just created a pretty solid posting BOT.

swatkaizen
06-16-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising preflop and 3-betting the flop against all but the most passive of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. 3-bet the flop. Lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm ... so even thought this typical passive is now aggressive in this hand, you would 3-bet? If that's the case, what does it mean when a passive switches gears and becomes aggressive? I usually put them on a hand. At what point do I back off/slow down?? If I 3 bet, and he caps, then I fold? I guess that would only cost me 1.5BB or would you keep going for all but the lowest post flop agression factor?

Sarge85
06-16-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. 3-bet the flop. Lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm ... so even thought this typical passive is now aggressive in this hand, you would 3-bet? If that's the case, what does it mean when a passive switches gears and becomes aggressive? I usually put them on a hand. At what point do I back off/slow down?? If I 3 bet, and he caps, then I fold? I guess that would only cost me 1.5BB or would you keep going for all but the lowest post flop agression factor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you would have raised PF, you would have seen his passive tendincies on the flop and beyond.

That being said - I'm not immediately folding to a cap, and probably would get to the river and make a decision there

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ihardlyknowher
06-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Looks good, sometimes I might lead the turn. But only rarely against a passive player.

aba20
06-29-2005, 05:43 PM
You really need to raise this preflop. It doesn't matter what happened this hand it is +EV to raise from the SB and BB with these types of hands. My normal line against an unkown would be to raise preflop three bet the flop and bet the whole way. Now against these loose passive fish you have to be extremely careful when they raise you, especially on the turn. This hand is just one of those things where you have to pay off so your line is fine against a very passive opponent, but not an aggressive one. If you were single tabling and had a very good read on your loose passive opponent you could probably fold on the turn if you had shown strength preflop and on the flop. But again you wouldn't beable to gain this strong of a read from pokertracker. You would have had to have been observing your opponent closely.

brettbrettr
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would you have played this KJs differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, raise pre-flop. You should be doing a lot of raising from the small blind with "marginal" hands like this when you can get HU against a loose weak limper. KTo, A7o, so KJs certainly.

I might 3-bet the flop against a loose passive. At first I thought, fine, check-raise the turn. But a passive guy sparking to life likes this worries me and I'd like to showdown. I think, for those reasons, I might just 3-bet the flop.

You're in serious trouble though if you 3 bet the flop, he calls, then raises your turn bet.