PDA

View Full Version : ITM hand question

45suited
06-16-2005, 11:41 AM
SB had just doubled up through me (I open pushed into him with ATo, he called with AKo). He had been playing very tight. BB's play had been average, not especially tight or loose.

Blinds 150-300

UTG Hero (t1100) dealt 9sTc
SB (t2000)
BB (t4900)

Is pushing here a mistake considering I have an average hand and BB is getting 2:1 to call? Can I afford to wait or is this push reckless? I felt like SB would just wait me out and not even try to play for first.

kyro
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm pushing. You will win if called about 93% of the time. What are you worried about?

45suited
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Huh? Is my sarcasm detector broken or did you misread my post? I have 9To.

wiggs73
06-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I think the push is fine, especially considering where blinds are at. Even if BB calls, chances are he is doing so with a mediocre hand and IF you're an underdog, you probably aren't enough of one to make it worth not pushing. The only hands that you really don't want to see are JJ-AA or any hand that includes one of your cards w/ an over. I think your cards are live enough of the time and BB folds enough of the time to make this push OK. You're ITM, which is good, but if you want any chance of finishing first, you're going to need to double up sooner, rather than later.

eMarkM
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
You're probably going to get called by a wide range from the BB, so it's close between folding and pushing. But then I usually err on the side of aggression and hope T9 is live vs his A-high if called and suckout my way to a respectable stack. If not, I was bubble boy anyway and have little FE if the blinds pass through me.

maddog2030
06-16-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is pushing here a mistake considering I have an average hand and BB is getting 2:1 to call? Can I afford to wait or is this push reckless?

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly would you be waiting for? So that he can get 3:1 for his money next round?

[ QUOTE ]
I felt like SB would just wait me out and not even try to play for first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a clear push even clearer.

45suited
06-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. That's exactly the way I saw it, so of course I pushed. Just gotta post a sanity check hand every now and then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif