PDA

View Full Version : When u get to many good starting hands

steelcmg
06-16-2005, 11:34 AM
yesterday i was stuck in a situation and it was kinda starting to make me mad. I was playing .5/1 on UB clearing the bonus when i had a huge rush of good hands. Out of about 20 hands i must have been delt ten times hands like AQ AK JJ QQ AJs KK and so on. I mean i really shouldnt be complaining about this. Its a poker players dream to get those hands. But i couldnt catch anything with any of them not a single one won money for me. I think one of the problems i had was people would see me raisin like every other hand and think i was a maniac so they where calling with crap hands and winning the pot. I guess i lost about as little as i could with these hands about 20$ down on that table.

Im just wondering what others do when they have this situation happen to them. (also im at work so i cannot post any HH.)

jrz1972
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Just keep raising and let them try to chase with crap. Clueless opponents who don't respect your PFRs are money.

bottomset
06-16-2005, 11:42 AM
keep crying

if you can't figure out why players calling with crap is a good thing

steelcmg
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
keep crying

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it wasnt a good thing and im glad when they do it. Im just wondering when something like this happens like say u get AA 10 times in a row which wouldnt happen but say it did. And you lost 9 times in a row with it are u still willing to raise again with it the tenth time or are u goin to start just calling?

jrz1972
06-16-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
say u get AA 10 times in a row which wouldnt happen but say it did. And you lost 9 times in a row with it are u still willing to raise again with it the tenth time or are u goin to start just calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer: Yes, I'm raising the 10th time.

Long answer: Hell yes, I'm raising the 10th time.

steelcmg
06-16-2005, 11:52 AM
term. I really dont think i lost that much money considering and it could have been alot worse if i wasnt playing 4 tables. I think cuz then i could have went on tilt and got more pot commited.

bozlax
06-16-2005, 11:54 AM
YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODS! SACRIFICE A CHICKEN WITH AN ACE OF SPADES TUCKED UNDER EACH WING IMMEDIATELY OR YOU WILL BE FOREVER DOOMED TO BEING DEALT POCKET PAIRS THAT GET CRACKED BY JACKHOLES HOLDING 72o!

This is just a joke (the only appropraite reason for killing chickens is to eat them)...I'm assuming your original post was the same.

LowDown22
06-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Just keep raising your good hands and avoid overplaying them and trying to ram your hands down their throat. Eventually you'll get a winner and they should pay you off well when it happens.

topspin
06-16-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im just wondering when something like this happens like say u get AA 10 times in a row which wouldnt happen but say it did. And you lost 9 times in a row with it are u still willing to raise again with it the tenth time or are u goin to start just calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fold. You're obviously running bad with AA, and until your luck turns, you can save some bets by not getting suckered into getting involved with these hands.

Entity
06-16-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
keep crying

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it wasnt a good thing and im glad when they do it. Im just wondering when something like this happens like say u get AA 10 times in a row which wouldnt happen but say it did. And you lost 9 times in a row with it are u still willing to raise again with it the tenth time or are u goin to start just calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you start thinking like this, it's time to get up and leave for the day (or until your aggression returns to normal).

The day before yesterday, I played AA 11 times in 2200 hands. I won 45% of the time (an abberation from my normal ~75% AA winrate), losing a total of 10BB ($100), a fairly large deviation given my normal would be around +2.7bb/hand or around 29.7BB (+$297). As I lamented to a friend that I was starting to feel a bit off whenever I picked up AA, I realized that I was probably tilting a bit and needed to take a break, so I did.

Rob