PDA

View Full Version : Running PT on a Flash Drive?

fooz
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Anybody tried it?

Sure would be nice to just pull my DB out of the 2001FP, throw it in the laptop bag, and head to the coffee shop.

-fooz

fooz
06-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Mainly wondering if write speeds would be fast enough that it's actually usable.

lawrence
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
You can put the party client on a USB key and it will save HHs well, i've done it 4 tabling. works great. I don't think you can run playerview or anything, probably starts chugging then.

mtdoak
06-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Just install PT on your laptop and copy the whole DB over to your laptop. After that, you can export all processed hand history files to a shared folder and import them when you boot up your laptop

Derek in NYC
06-18-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can put the party client on a USB key

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry to be a dummy. How does this work?

Voltron87
06-18-2005, 07:07 PM
take USB key. insert into usb drive. find your partypoker folder. right click on it and select "copy". open the contents of the usb drive using explorer, and paste it in. voila. it will record your hhs, just move that hh folder into the party folder your client usually writes hhs to, and you're good.

Derek in NYC
06-19-2005, 10:23 AM
But in order to run the Party client, doesnt the .exe setup file have to make all sorts of changes to the registry? If not, this USB trick sounds like a great idea. Basically, I could copy all of my poker programs and dBs onto a 1Gb USB drive, and then have "portable poker" with me that I could plug into any computer I came across, right?

excession
06-19-2005, 01:45 PM
PT PAT says that PT won't run from flash drive (shame - that would be great for backpacking round the world).

You can read and write the HH to flash if you like (though it is meant to be pretty slow)

Voltron87
06-20-2005, 02:06 AM
I use a 256 meg flash drive now, works great. i got the 256 one for cheap to try out, but i havent needed more than 256 yet. all i do is have the client programs and the temp hhs before I switch them for import. I just move the hhs into my main subdirectory on the pc, and import as usual. im trying to come up with a solution so i can use gt+ on the go but I haven't thought of anything yet. maybe pokeredge would work for this, does it just connect to their server and dl their stats as you play?