PDA

View Full Version : Novice?

samz
01-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi -
I am a limit holdem player and am interested in learinig no-limit.

1)Could someone recommend a few books on no-limit
2)Only the tournament texas turbo holdem program has no-limit settings
Has anyone used this - will it help with play - for non-tournament games
3)What do people think about the PP .25/.50 50 games - do you need to worry about collusion

Thanks,
Sam

sam h
01-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Bob Ciaffione's book on pot limit and no limit is probably the best book out there that I know of. But I honestly think you will learn more by trying to read this forum frequently, even by going into the archives. There are quite a few very knowledgable posters - off the top of my head, some ones I generally pay special attention to are Ignatius (absent of late), Fossilman, and Phat Mack.

Tournament Texas Holdem is crap, both for tournament and ring game practice. I bought it when I was just starting to play and I think it actually hindered my development as a player. Lets just say that game turned out to be a little more expensive than the purchase price.

As far as collusion on the PP games, I have not played there in a long time but I think you are pretty safe in those baby pot limit games. Its just not that much money. People who are serious about colluding will generally play in the bigger limit games.

samz
01-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Sam H
Thanks for the advice -
I will save my $80 bucks and skip Turbo Texas for Tournament -
I think you are on to something about the TTH programs in general
because I am paying too much attention
to my own cards and not learning to read other players (tought to read the computer)
but also the sign of a novice/fish
Sam