PDA

View Full Version : Do you think timing tells can be useful?

SmileyEH
06-16-2005, 08:44 AM
It seems a lot of players thought timing tells were bullshit in replying to my earlier thread. I'd like to get the small stakes forum's view on them. Personally I probably use one to influence a close decision every 100 hands or so - obviously not a big deal, but they haved save pots and bets many times.

-SmileyEH

SeaEagle
06-16-2005, 08:53 AM
When I see an autobet or an obvious 'slowbet', I'll make a note if the player was strong or weak.

Quite frankly, I don't get to use this information very often, but it can be extremely valuable when you do get to use it. Few things make me happier than picking off a bluff when I would have otherwise folded because I have 3 notes on a guy that says he 'fastbets' on bluffs.

SmileyEH
06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
The fastbet is my favorite, although it doesn't apply everytime. Usually it takes a situation where if the opponent had the hand he is representing then he *wouldn't* act quickly. Ie, betting into a flop 3bettor when the top card pairs. If villian insta raises I'll give much less credit for an overpair.

-SmileyEH

TemetNosce
06-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm a big fan of the fast check from an opponent when I have position heads-up. Seems to work well for stealing pots.