PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the Star Wars plugs in Family Guy?

Frequitude
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
What is that now, 4 of the 5 new episodes this year?

The first one was the parody of the final scene from ROTJ, right? And then the credits rolled in full Star Wars fashion. IMO that scene was really un-family-guy-funny and since then there have been 3 or 4 more random plugs. Now they're just getting on my nerves.

Did Lucas fork over a bunch of dough? The only Star Wars content I really remember from the first three seasons was random Boba Fett jokes, and Luke doing the eye surgery with the light saber.

Family Guy, stop selling out!!!

-freq

MarkL444
06-16-2005, 08:48 AM
ive noticed this as well. maybe the writers are just star wars nerds.

Frequitude
06-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Possibly, I just thought the sudden onslaught had something to do with SW3's masssssive advertising campaign.

If so, boooo. Family Guy should be above this.

JoshuaD
06-16-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly, I just thought the sudden onslaught had something to do with SW3's masssssive advertising campaign.

If so, boooo. Family Guy should be above this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're seeing conspiracy where there's just fanboy.

Frequitude
06-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Maybe, just maybe.

Did anyone think that ROTJ final scene parody was funny? I thought it was one of the lamest FG scenes ever. Peter laughing at R2D2 was *kind of* funny, but overall what a waste of 3 minutes.

ArchAngel71857
06-16-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, just maybe.

Did anyone think that ROTJ final scene parody was funny? I thought it was one of the lamest FG scenes ever. Peter laughing at R2D2 was *kind of* funny, but overall what a waste of 3 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was funny. And it was the finalscene from Star Wars: A New HOpe.

[censored] Newbs.

-AA

Frequitude
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Star Wars newb, I'll take.

But Family Guy newb...NEVER!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ArchAngel71857
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Star Wars newb, I'll take.

But Family Guy newb...NEVER!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are not a Family Guy newb, then you shouldn't be surprised by the references McFarlane makes to Star Wars.

There are many episodes in Seasons One, Two, and Three where Peter references Star Wars. MOst notably, the end of Peter Peter Cavier Eater. Also, the ending parody was the episode the week Episode III came out, and since McFarlane is a fanboy of SW, he was giving his salute to Lucas.

-AA

CallMeIshmael
06-16-2005, 12:46 PM
This has been in the entire series. Its nothing new.

Seth just loves SW.