PDA

View Full Version : Tourney hand

heyverne
01-15-2003, 04:15 PM
I know there is a tournament section to these forums, but they seem to be dominated by hold-em, so I thought I would post this here. I was in a $30 stud (high only) tournament, with unlimited $20 rebuys in the first hour as long as your chips fall below the original $400. As soon as I lost a hand I rebought. After the initial hour and a half, I thought I played well, but lost a couple hands that put me short stacked. The tournament was getting to the point where the betting limits were going to start eliminating people en-masse, including myself. I felt that if I did not win a hand soon, I would effectively be eliminated soon. I also felt like there were many more experienced players in the tournament. With all of that said:

I am the bring in with (2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif )2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . A tight player raises with Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif showing, two positions away from me. There was one queen out and all of my cards were live. All folded to me, and I decided to call the next three rounds putting him all-in, and myself almost all-in. He had Queens-up, and I rivered a 2 to take the pot. Given the fact that I only had a little more than three big bets left in me, does anyone believe that I should have folded and hoped for a better hand?