PDA

View Full Version : AKo unimproved

Boolean
06-16-2005, 01:47 AM
Assume a ring-game. I play these play-money tournaments on party-poker because I feel they're the type of games I'd be looking for if I were playing in the nano-limits when I place my first deposit at PokerStars. It's also good practice for the 5+1 limit tournies at PartyPoker when I have the bankroll for that as well.

Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB, t480) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

I didn't bet this flop because there were way too many people on the flop. The flop is raggy however, and by betting I can get someone with A4 to fold. With a pot this big though, it's very unlikely I can make them fold with just a small bet, so I decided to see if I could get a free-card instead.

Turn: (8 BB, t480) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds.

River: (10 BB, t600) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB (t660)

SoftcoreRevolt
06-16-2005, 01:55 AM
If you are going to do play money, try True Poker. I vaguely remember them being somewhat like nano limits (6ish people to the flop) for some reason people took it more seriously there than on Party, so it will somewhat resemble real play.

This is pretty much how you should play this hand though, good job resisting the temptation to bet on the flop.

irishpint
06-16-2005, 01:59 AM
uh, u improved on the turn by hitting an Ace, right? looks good to me.

moot
06-16-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop is raggy however, and by betting I can get someone with A4 to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Most people that play A4 (especially the offsuit version, ugh) don't fold when they hit their 4. And to be fair there are many cases where they shouldn't.

Betting the flop here is pointless, you should be thankful for the free card. Well done.

moot
06-16-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uh, u improved on the turn by hitting an Ace, right? looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant AKo unimproved on the flop considering that's where all his analysis is.

Boolean
06-16-2005, 02:35 AM
Yep. Thanks for all of the advice guys.