PDA

View Full Version : Stud converter help needed

ClaytonN
06-16-2005, 01:45 AM
When I try and convert my Empire hand, it says "Invalid Input" and to click the info button.

I'm sorry, but evidently I am computer retarded. Could someone please help?

beta1607
06-16-2005, 01:54 AM
Is it an emailed hand history or from your hard drive? Not sure if this makes a difference, but it works 100% of the time with my emailed hand histories. Also - copy and paste the whole history not just the action maybe?

I hope this helps - if not greenage should be able to answer your questions.

ClaytonN
06-16-2005, 02:02 AM
I'll try that, as this was from instant hand history.

Thanks.

PoorLawyer
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM
i couldnt get it to work the time i tried because i use netscape and I guess it is only compatible with IE????

greenage
06-16-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I try and convert my Empire hand, it says "Invalid Input" and to click the info button.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Invalid Input" message occurs when the converter can't identify the site that the hand history came from.

The hand history needs to be the Emailed type. Like beta said, be sure to copy and paste the whole hand history into the converter. Also, if you right-click on the two big boxes (top is for hand history, bottom is for converted hand) you will get a menu of commands. They can make it easier to "Paste" the hand history into the top box, and "Select All", then "Copy" the converted hand from the bottom box.

Please Private Message me if you have any more questions.

greenage

greenage
06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i couldnt get it to work the time i tried because i use netscape and I guess it is only compatible with IE????

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, it only works with Internet Explorer. If you absolutely won't, or for some reason can't open the link with IE, then you'll need to save the source on your hard drive as 7StudConverter.hta (the .hta is very important). You can then double-click on that file to run the converter.

Please PM me if you have any questions.
greenage

PoorLawyer
06-16-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, it only works with Internet Explorer. If you absolutely won't, or for some reason can't open the link with IE, then you'll need to save the source on your hard drive as 7StudConverter.hta (the .hta is very important). You can then double-click on that file to run the converter.

Please PM me if you have any questions.
greenage

[/ QUOTE ]

It is more of an afraid to open IE after I had to reformat my whole hard drive and reinstall everything after some virus I got that Netscape would have blocked...

greenage
06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is more of an afraid to open IE after I had to reformat my whole hard drive and reinstall everything after some virus I got that Netscape would have blocked...

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. What I would do is open the link in Netscape, and then copy the URL to Notepad or something. Then open Internet Explorer. It will probably ask you if you want it to be the default browser - click “no”.

I would probably then go into “Internet Options” and set my “Home page” to “Use blank” or maybe to the URL for the converter.

Copy the URL into IE’s address box and maybe add it to your favorites list.

When you are finished converting the hand, close Internet Explorer. I’m no security expert, but I don’t see how any harm can come from this other than GeoCities putting a cookie on your hard drive.

The nice thing about running the converter from IE is that you get updates automatically, rather than having to re-save the source every time the converter changes.

I don't use Netscape, but to save the source on your hard drive, find a "Save Page As" or "Save As" option, probably off of the file menu. Save it as something.hta.

greenage