PDA

View Full Version : AKo in EP - turn sux

pokerstudAA
06-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

I have the K /images/graemlins/club.gif and a gut shot straight draw. Betting here seems like the right thing to do.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

UGH......it just gets worse......Should I just bet/fold? 4 J outs. Mabye an A or K is good. Big mabye. About 10 BB in the pot. Should I not bet here if I am committing myself to call? Check call?

River: (11.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Play it like the fish and bet a rivered hand? Or try a fancy check raise? Looks like I might have a busted club draw. My hand also looks like AK. His checking seems likely.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

Howzit?

youdnf
06-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I would bet and fold to a reraise, you 4 J outs might not even be good, he might of caught a full house. ONn the river bet out, because he proablly puts you on A K, and if you get reraised(which you didnt here) your beat.

Moneyline
06-16-2005, 01:53 AM
On the turn a bet seems pretty automatic, after you're raised you've got about 7 outs and you're getting 10: 1. This is a pretty elementary call IMO. I prefer a check/raise on the river because button has shown a lot of power and therefore seems very likely to bet.

shant
06-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Button is so betting this river. Your hand does not look like AK to your opponent, and the straight isn't very obvious. You can def checkraise this river.

toss
06-16-2005, 03:23 AM
This is a very weak tight mentality. We can't place villain on a FH just because he checkraised the turn and will raise your river bet.

ihardlyknowher
06-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Flop bet is good.

Reads are everything for the rest of this hand.

If the villain likes to call, I am check/calling the turn.
If he may fold, I would bet the turn.

Once he raises-
If he is aggressive, I am thinking my A&amp;K outs are still good and I am calling.
If he is passive, I am calling anyway. With implied odds, you can draw to your Jack.

Definitely bet that river.

Willluck
06-16-2005, 03:41 AM
First thing, the flop bet is totally standard. Second you gotta go for the river c/r. Any hand he is not betting this river with, he probably isn't calling down with.