PDA

View Full Version : Hows this?

mperich
06-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Last hand villain was involved with postflop had a TTx board, he coldcalled a raise with JT on the flop, then bet->3bet the turn. He seems pretty solid and may be a 2+2er.
Who likes this line, Im not sure if I raise any river, but I liked this one.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

-Mike

Surfbullet
06-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Out of curiosity, if he has been known to donkbet-3bet the turn, wouldn't his line here show more strength than normal, and warrant a river call? If he's a thinking player then he knows he's got almost no fold equity with the turn donkbet, so he's got to have some sort of a hand which he thinks is good.

I'd like the raise much more if he had donkbet the river, as he's more likely to have a weak ace than some odd 2pair that he spiked after peeling the flop.

Surf

Nigel
06-16-2005, 01:32 AM
What's your plan if he 3 bets you? Cause I think I'd 3 bet you here if I were him.

Nigel

mperich
06-16-2005, 01:38 AM
I get throw something and call. But then again I would have called down if he had 3bet me on the turn as well, so its really the same amount of bets. I'm just less likely to get 3bet by poor 2 pairs or AK. Note that I didnt say he plays every monster with a bet-&gt; 3bet line, just that Ive seen him do it once, so it was on my mind.

-Mike

Nigel
06-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Ok, as long as you're not folding -- cause he has to know you don't have a 3 in your hand coming from UTG -- I think it's a good spot for a raise.

I do think Surf's comment about his donkbet tendencies are worth considering here. I mean it is possible he turned a better hand, but you may scare him on the river and that's the reason I like the river raise much better than the turn raise. Unfortunately, it's not the greatest river card for you.

Looks like it might have worked out for you, hope you took it down.

Nigel

droolie
06-16-2005, 11:05 AM
bumpingthatannoyingthreadoffthefrontpage....