PDA

View Full Version : This Crap Needs to Stop

sthief09
06-16-2005, 12:36 AM
challenger80: nice river
challenger80: jackass
challenger80: but please, keep raising my blind with 79
challenger80: and betting and praying for your miracle card
challenger80: is that the strategy you learned at twoplustwo?
challenger80: the ol' bet n' pray?

BreakEvenPlayer
06-16-2005, 12:39 AM
agreed.

mperich
06-16-2005, 12:40 AM
i raise c80's blind with 79o fwiw.

-Mike

einbert
06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Some assholes almost scared off the worst player at the table tonight, both of them were talking about twoplustwo too.

SPENDAFATCHIP, whoever you are, you seriously need to reexamine the [censored] you are saying at the table.

sthief09
06-16-2005, 12:53 AM
I might enact the douchebag treatment soon and start posting peoples' stats

Nigel
06-16-2005, 01:00 AM
spendafatchip never shuts up.

climber
06-16-2005, 01:07 AM
he's on my buddy list--though i agree he should shut up.

PokerBob
06-16-2005, 01:34 AM
I was asked this at a live 15/30 game at Canterbury yesterday, "Is that what you learn at 2+2, to call a raise from the BB with K6s, PokerBob?" Tilt is a strange animal.

aK13
06-16-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was asked this at a live 15/30 game at Canterbury yesterday, "Is that what you learn at 2+2, to call a raise from the BB with K6s, PokerBob?" Tilt is a strange animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming these players are 2+2ers as well?

PokerBob
06-16-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming these players are 2+2ers as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy knows of 2+2, and knows who I am, but the way he plays suggest he doesn't read much here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pheasant tail (no 18)
06-16-2005, 01:47 AM
the guy was an asssholle for sure, but I like this

[ QUOTE ]
the ol' bet n' pray?

[/ QUOTE ]

And use it frequently. Better than the ol' call and pray

BTW, I am no longer too worried about people being "turned on" to 2 + 2 or any books. It doesn't take a genius to find it. This game is beatable bc. people don't want/have the time to learn to play better.

Berating fish, or anyone else for that matter, is always poor form though and must be punished.

Alobar
06-16-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the guy was an asssholle for sure, but I like this

[ QUOTE ]
the ol' bet n' pray?

[/ QUOTE ]

And use it frequently. Better than the ol' call and pray

BTW, I am no longer too worried about people being "turned on" to 2 + 2 or any books. It doesn't take a genius to find it. This game is beatable bc. people don't want/have the time to learn to play better.

Berating fish, or anyone else for that matter, is always poor form though and must be punished.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it used to be no one knew what 2+2 was, now it seems like everyone does. Tho that also may be a function of playing at higher limits, as most people at limits above 1/2 have at least read some books or have some knowledge that there is a "correct" way to play.

Im starting to care less and less if people know about 2+2 tho, because it just seems even if they know about it, it doesnt matter. They still suck, either because they dont care, or dont have the discipline to learn, or arent smart enough to apply the concepts correctly. Hell, even lots of the people I run across who have really good PT stats, arent very good players. That one confuses me. Obviosuly they are reading here, but yet some connection still isnt being made *shrug*

All that said tho, you will never hear me mention 2+2 at the table, or to anyone outside of these forums.

wheelz
06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
They have good stats... isn't that enough??? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nigel
06-16-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, even lots of the people I run across who have really good PT stats, arent very good players. That one confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confuses me too. I was thinking of posting about this.

I can think of a couple 2+2ers who play really, really poorly yet they are winning players. Can you just permanently run so good that you can get away with just blatantly crap play?

I mean it blows my mind. I flog myself over every little 1 BB mistake I make, and I see some people spew chips with reckless abandon acting like they missed Hand Reading 101.

Weird.

Nigel

Alobar
06-16-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the plethora of stats post around here, im starting to wonder /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lol, I dunno which I find wierder. Someone at the table with 24/17/3 stats, and is a weak player. Or the guy with 44/8/1.3 stats who table coaches and talks about 2+2, heh.

Entity
06-16-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the plethora of stats post around here, im starting to wonder /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lol, I dunno which I find wierder. Someone at the table with 24/17/3 stats, and is a weak player. Or the guy with 44/8/1.3 stats who table coaches and talks about 2+2, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into a 57/11/1 (over 750 hands) player today who was talking about how he's always the tightest player at the tables (this was 5/10 6max, so I guess it isn't far from the truth). His lessons were great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

afk
06-16-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ran into a 57/11/1 (over 750 hands) player today who was talking about how he's always the tightest player at the tables (this was 5/10 6max, so I guess it isn't far from the truth). His lessons were great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha I don't usually pay all that much attention to the chat but my favourite moments are when the guy playing 61% of his hands says "keep chasing, buddy. keep chasing." to someone else.

7ontheline
06-16-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, even lots of the people I run across who have really good PT stats, arent very good players. That one confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confuses me too. I was thinking of posting about this.

I can think of a couple 2+2ers who play really, really poorly yet they are winning players. Can you just permanently run so good that you can get away with just blatantly crap play?

I mean it blows my mind. I flog myself over every little 1 BB mistake I make, and I see some people spew chips with reckless abandon acting like they missed Hand Reading 101.

Weird.

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. . .that hurts my feelings.

Joe826
06-16-2005, 03:24 AM
yeah that guy never shuts up. i think everytime i've been at the table with him he makes some comment about one of the players at his table is on his buddy list because they play so bad, etc.

there's a few of them like this.

Mr. Graff
06-16-2005, 03:57 AM
This guy has a serious ego problem and I doubt he will stop that sort of behavior.
Yesturday I saw him compete with the fish about who had the bigger bankroll. He even brought all he had on his account to the table and he was telling everyone how he had four accounts etc... laughable, and incurable.

scrub
06-16-2005, 04:23 AM
Stop whining and come to Vegas instead.

scrub

BreakEvenPlayer
06-16-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of many times when I overplay (yes, usually a misread) a BB or two on the river early in a session only to earn more back when people make consistent poor decisions against me for the rest of the session.

Schneids
06-16-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm I thought this was often ok?

sethypooh21
06-16-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I can think of a couple 2+2ers who play really, really poorly yet they are winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think this describes a good many of us (myself most certainly included), it's just that other people play so much worse...

helpmeout
06-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Most 2+2ers suck and the information being spread around is of low quality.

It takes more than finding a website and occassionally reading it to become a decent player.

RunDownHouse
06-16-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you just permanently run so good that you can get away with just blatantly crap play?

Weird.

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you see the DERB thread?

sublime
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
anybody remember challenger? total troll.

Alobar
06-16-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of many times when I overplay (yes, usually a misread) a BB or two on the river early in a session only to earn more back when people make consistent poor decisions against me for the rest of the session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just what you tell youself so you can sleep at night /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MAxx
06-16-2005, 10:36 AM
the guy is an eyesore, no doubt.

fyodor
06-16-2005, 10:36 AM
http://img57.echo.cx/img57/3327/bewareofcats1jz.jpg

They tagteamed a Boxer and put a JackRussel in the hospital.

PokerBob
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm I thought this was often ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which?
Calling a raise from the bb with K6s?
Discussing 2+2?
Ripping my play?
Flipping out after getting jacks snapped by a fishy like me?

kyro
06-16-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
challenger80: nice river
challenger80: jackass
challenger80: but please, keep raising my blind with 79
challenger80: and betting and praying for your miracle card
challenger80: is that the strategy you learned at twoplustwo?
challenger80: the ol' bet n' pray?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious if this guy is the same idiot who posts on here. I'd say about 75% of his posts are retarded flames.