PDA

View Full Version : AKs vs. 2 All-Ins --- Uncertainty

KramerTM
06-16-2005, 12:24 AM
$33 PartyPoker SnG. No major reads on players.

I'm still adjusting to the players in the 33s. Was I crazy to think I had enough equity to call these bets? Or am I crazy to be questioning the call at all?

Lastly, how do you feel about my PF call of t125 with AKs? Too weak-tight? Should I have come over the top? I have been putting myself in too many coinflip scenarios with these hands and surrendering the chance to either outplay after the flop or make sure my hand hits, so I figured I'd see a flop this time around.

Results were nice of course, but as a wise poker player once said "[short term] results are irrelevant."

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t470)
MP2 (t1495)
Hero (t1235)
CO (t715)
Button (t360)
SB (t1260)
BB (t640)
UTG (t745)
UTG+1 (t1080)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t125, CO goes all in for t715, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG is all in for t745, Hero calls t620.

Flop: (t915) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (t915) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (t915) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t915

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Jh Jc (flush, queen high).
Hero has Ah Kh (flush, ace high).
CO has Qc Qd (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins t15. </font>

lastchance
06-16-2005, 12:30 AM
I think I would have dumped this. I like calling AKs against one all-in, but IMHO, that's too much action for a hand that doesn't hold up as well as QQ.

KramerTM
06-16-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, that's too much action for a hand that doesn't hold up as well as QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first thought as soon as I clicked the call button (I should really start having a first thought before clicking ANY buttons.) For some reason, I instinctively assumed based on how much money there was in the pot, it was a +EV move to call with AKs given my opponents had any hand except AA.

The question was... was it +CEV though?

lastchance
06-16-2005, 01:04 AM
You're getting nearly 3:1 on your call...

I'm going to be lazy and run this through pokerstove, if you don't mind. Opponents have the wide range of 99+, AQ+. Here, you're definitely getting odds to call this, same equity as opponents. We tighten up to JJ+, AK+, and it's -$EV, -ChipEV, but not by too much. 24% equity, but that's a clear fold.

Against A7 and QQ or KK and QQ (I think you see these situations a lot):
A7, QQ = 37%, enough to call
KK, QQ = 28%, which is about neutral chip EV.

Meh, those are my calculations. AKs is probably a lot better than AKo here. Still, not the easiest spot.

Myst
06-16-2005, 03:29 AM
A good player will not pay you off with an ace or king hits. Therefore, I think calling is the weakest play here.

Reraise or fold.