AliasMrJones
06-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Pacific 30+3

Blinds are 50/100

Relevant stacks:

AliasMrJones (CO) 950
Button 1,650

AliasMrJones is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to me, I raise to 300. Button calls, BB raises all-in 72 more, I and Button call.

Flop is 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I thought my only 2 reasonable options were all-in or check/fold. At this point I have 578 left. With 5-6X BB should I bite the bullet and push or do I have enough chips left that I should let this go and try to fight another day?

A_PLUS
06-16-2005, 12:18 AM
I would have put all of my chips in preflop if I was putting any in at all. If I hadnt, they are going in now

utmt40
06-16-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have put all of my chips in preflop if I was putting any in at all. If I hadnt, they are going in now

[/ QUOTE ]

A side note to this, when you are about to put a player out of the tourney you and the other player should check down anyway. Thus allowing a better chance of the player being eliminated.

kuro
06-16-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A side note to this, when you are about to put a player out of the tourney you and the other player should check down anyway. Thus allowing a better chance of the player being eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a common misconception. You're so far from the bubble here that it doesn't matter if this player gets eliminated or not. The players elimination has no impact on your pay day at this point in the tourney.