PDA

View Full Version : anyone else play small pairs this way

badbill7
06-15-2005, 11:44 PM
im guessing the pre flop raiser was somewhat loose. want to know how many of you would just fold this right off the bat and then please rate the play on the flop tks

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

homebrewer
06-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I would not raise that river. UTG+1 could have made his flush on the turn and it is a draw heavy board. I'd call down and end the action.

Deamon2
06-15-2005, 11:58 PM
if he's loose, that tells you what to do. He's playing a lot of hands, and possibly could have hit that flop. You're only ahead of a flush draw, and not by much (both of his cards are overs to yours). It's a pretty easy fold unless you know he'll stab at it with literally nothing, and then you would raise.

Also, I make this call from the BB if one more person is in the pot.

silkyslim
06-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Fold the flop, if not, raise the turn

bozlax
06-16-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im guessing the pre flop raiser was somewhat loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take this the wrong way, but is this supposed to be a read? Do you have evidence that he's loose, or do you think he's loose because he's raising from UTG+1, or what?

That said, I'm not sure I care how loose the raiser is, 22 is not the hand you want to take him on with. Especially if he's a maniac (his betting pattern never changes, so you have no idea if the flop hit him or not, for instance). Fold preflop.

Once you miss the flop COMPLETELY, fold the flop. Once the turn hits you, go nuts. Raise/cap the turn (you've got MP3 trapped between you and the nutbag), and cap the river.

aK13
06-16-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Flop is a definite fold, however, even if you had the 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif