PDA

View Full Version : Please help me, as I clearly suck

PokerBob
06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I moved to 5/10 6max 1 month ago. I work hard on my game. I have 30K hands in. Please tell me if anything looks amiss here. Thanks, Bob.

VPIP 23.05
VPSB 25.59
FSBtoSt 86.7
FBBtoSt 61.72
ATT.toSt 32.12
W$WSF 40.93
WtoSD 36.07
W$@SD 50.82
PFR 16.45

Agg. Stats:
Flop 3.43
Turn 3.07
River 2.93
Total 2.93

Folded to river bet 40.02

If you need any other numbers, let me know.

billyjex
06-15-2005, 11:19 PM
nothing here really sticks out to me. maybe you could defend your BB a few more %, but that's it.

your aggression levels are pretty high on all streets, actually. Your river aggression looks really, really high -- maybe you should call more on the river, take more free showdowns?

SomethingClever
06-15-2005, 11:19 PM
I think you should be a little looser from the SB, fold your BB a bit less, and tone down the aggression on the river a bit maybe.

But I suck worse than you do, clearly.

climber
06-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Well I'm not sure I am qualified but a few things stand out to me.

Maybe loosen up a bit...not a ton but there are more profitable hands out there, it makes you harder to read and puts you in more marginal postflop situations but that just makes you a better poker player eventually.

Don't fold your blinds so much. SB is reasonble--maybe a little tight. BB seems at least 10% too tight.

Attempt to steal more.

Rasie preflop more.

The combination of these two means you will start varying your open raisng standards based on position more than you currently do.

Postflopconsider raising maybe a little less. Your AF numbers are way up there. This to me seems like a bit of a cookie cutter approach to playing--i.e. I have these two cards that mean I will now do XYZ.

Consider chilling out a little bit when your overcards totally miss the flop. Consider evaluating flop texture a little more than you might currently. How likely was the flop to have hit them? Act accordingly. That means occassionally you should be checking the flop after a preflop raise. You know CDC's check/call, check call, bet line? Its a good example of the kind of variety you may need to add to your game.

Your went to showdown is fine but the postflop AFs seem too high to me. There are more in-between situations in poker than your stats reflect.

As always play more hands and good luck.

rory
06-16-2005, 12:02 AM
I cannot help you with your game based on a bunch of numbers. Post some hands.

Fabian
06-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I was going to write a long rambling response to this but it's 6.50 in the morning here and I'm tired, but then I read climber's post and that's basically what I was going to say. Read/think about the sentence about flop texture and the one about in-between situations a little extra.

Also, I think "at least" 10% is overdoing it, at a certain point (%) most players get too uncomfortable and start making mistakes. Clearly you don't consider yourself an expert yet and if your folded BB to steal percentage is, say, 55-57% don't beat yourself up about it.

And finally, I think a more standard folded to river bet percantage is in the 30-35 range. Your very (too) high river AF also seems to indicate you're folding winners.

About those rivers, be especially careful when you're playing against people you consider to play well. They may very well notice you're playing somewhat tight, and more importantly, predictable. As far as I can tell, I bluff rivers more than most people on this forum (especially against tight and/or predicatble, otherwise solid, people), and these bluffs certainly show profit. Again, board texture, think about the liklehood of your opponent bluffing his missed draws, or such.

Bah, I started rambling anyway. Good luck, you're on the right track.

climber
06-16-2005, 01:06 AM
yeah change "at least" to "about" in my post--I noticed that too when i reread it but was too lazy to change it. sorry

Wynton
06-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Stats look fine to me, but I play at lower levels.

One question: how often do you check/raise? The reason I ask is because, when I first started playing six-max, I check/raised a ridiculously small amount (contributing to a higher post-flop aggression number). Then I realized how important check/raising is at six-max. I would not be surprised if others also made this mistake when first transitioning to six-max.

spydog
06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Your river aggression is insane.

Go find me 5 hands that you checked on the river to induce a bluff. If you can't, consider adding that to your arsenal.

droolie
06-16-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree that your river aggression seems to high. You will be HU so often by the river that you are probably overestimating the value in a lot of your raises and bets. Check/ call OOP is very effective sometimes. Try going over the HU on the end stuff in TOP again. I read it at least once a week now as it's very dense and so am I. (I'm too weak and pasive on the river which is worse.)

afk
06-16-2005, 11:35 AM
These numbers seem all very close to standard (from what I've seen in other stat posts), and I don't think and slight deviation you might have from the norm would account for any good or bad results. Keep posting hands, we all know that's the way to do it.

witeknite
06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Does it count towards "Folded to river bet" if you bet the river, are raised, and then fold? If so, this might be a big problem. Do you tend to use the bet/fold OOP on the river a lot?

WiteKnite

Jeff W
06-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Nothing that inspires caution except those high AFs. Those usually indicates that you are folding too much post flop.

StellarWind
06-16-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing that inspires caution except those high AFs. Those usually indicates that you are folding too much post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Post bet/check and raise/call/fold percentages for each postflop street. The AF stat is a ratio. We need to see if your AF is high because of many bets/raises (big numerator) or lack of calls (small denominator).

BTW, this is my standard advice for all stat posters. AF mixes aggression and looseness into a single number that does not fully express either attribute. It also does not distinguish grabbiness (betting at lots of pots) from fighting (frequent raises).