PDA

View Full Version : Good Fold?

BatsShadow
06-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Standard Steal?

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Once again, I'm on a rush, so I'm putting him on a "resteal".

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds...

??? Implied odds close enough to call here? I'm leaning toward no, but want other opinions. Not enough chance of getting 2 more bets from these guys, right?

DMBFan23
06-15-2005, 11:17 PM
nice hand, I don't think you can fold the flop, but I would have folded the turn as you did. the stop and go usually indicates a pair wary of the free card, and his pair is probably better than yours. you can call this river donkbet sometimes, but I'm less willing to call the turn donkbet because it often means calling a river bet as well.

badbill7
06-15-2005, 11:25 PM
agree with dmbfan. whish i could say more but he said it all. right now you are calling with 4 honest outs need to have 10.5 to 1 to call profitably. you cant get that here unless im missing something. also sb hanging around scares me

BatsShadow
06-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I would've made my A and won the hand on the river. Hence the doubts. SB folded on the turn btw. I would'nt have reached my implied odds.

ArturiusX
06-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Anyone else fold this flop? I don't care if hes on a resteal, this board is dangerous.

Mathieu
06-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Folding the flop may sound a bit weak tight, but I think it can't be very far off. This board looks scary. Even if BB is semi-bluffing, he probably has at least 2 overs and a OESD, which makes him a slight favorite. This sounds like a case of bad reverse-implied odds. There is a good chance that we are behind, and if we are ahead (best made hand), our opponent has tons of outs to improve.