PDA

View Full Version : A couple hands from the $109s

kyro
06-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Let me preface this by saying I [censored] hate the $109s. I get my ass kicked there. It would be great if I could win one [censored] hand where I was a favorite.

OK, I'm done. Onto the hands.

Seat 3: whiskey16 ( $1750 )
Seat 8: Jaym96822b ( $915 )
Seat 9: outdrawed ( $1075 )

Blinds(50/100). 6 left. Other stacks have 3K, 1800, 1300.

Dealt to outdrawed [ Th Td ]
1 fold
whiskey16 raises [300].
2 folds
Jaym96822b calls [250].
Hero ??

No read on whiskey. Jaym is a name I recognize from the few times I've played the $109s. He's pretty solid. What range do you put him on, and what action do you take?

Hand #2
Blinds 100/200.

Folded to Hero(1475 before posting) in SB with K5o. BB has
870 after posting and seems normal. Other chip stacks are 3000/3000/1000. Hero pushes.

Eh?

1C5
06-15-2005, 11:00 PM
2 is an easy push, I like it.

1 is more tricky. I will let the 109 guys field that one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Moonsugar
06-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Jay posts here and from what ive seen is pretty good. But this partial hand doesn't tell us anything cause we don't know how many players are left what the other stacks look like etc.

kyro
06-15-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jay posts here and from what ive seen is pretty good. But this partial hand doesn't tell us anything cause we don't know how many players are left what the other stacks look like etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap I'm an idiot. Wow. OK. 6 players left. Other stacks have 3K, 1800, and 1300.

Sabrazack
06-16-2005, 04:09 AM
I think im pushing both these hands, TT with 10xBB left is pretty good and the other is a regular steal.

kyro
06-16-2005, 08:23 AM
bump

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Have to admit I don't remember hand 1, was there a showdown? I assume I either had AA or KK or had crap and was trying to sell one of those two hands to whisky.

kyro
06-16-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have to admit I don't remember hand 1, was there a showdown? I assume I either had AA or KK or had crap and was trying to sell one of those two hands to whisky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something told me you were either SNGing that hand or had me crushed. I don't want to give out the results just yet, so check 11745/2213287033

Unarmed
06-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I think they're both pretty standard pushes.

kyro
06-16-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they're both pretty standard pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's wise to consider what a solid 2+2er is coldcalling an EP raise with before we just start tossing in our chips because "oooh, we have TT!" I'm not saying a push is wrong, but I'd like to hear SOME analysis on what my chances against both him and the raiser are.

Unarmed
06-16-2005, 09:13 AM
My apologies. I didn't read the entire thread. You said you've played with him a few times and he's pretty solid. Honestly, that's not enough for me to not get my money in with TT and 10BB on level 4. I can't count the number of times I've had to change a note from "Solid" to "Retard".

If I'm the smooth caller, I have AA/KK. That's it. So if that's your read, then go with it. I'd have to be pretty sure of myself to lay down TT here though.

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh wait, I was the small blind on that hand. That changes the range of hands I would CC the raise with dramatically. I didn't look at the rest of the HH yet, but it wasn't entirely clear from the initial post what the positions were.
For clarification for everyone else:
I was SB, outdrawed was BB, and whisky was UTG+1

kyro
06-16-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh wait, I was the small blind on that hand. That changes the range of hands I would CC the raise with dramatically. I didn't look at the rest of the HH yet, but it wasn't entirely clear from the initial post what the positions were.
For clarification for everyone else:
I was SB, outdrawed was BB, and whisky was UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

My posting skills blow. I know this.

Unarmed
06-16-2005, 09:25 AM
FWIW I'm less likely to fear a monster when someone smooth calls OOP.

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Naw, my reading skills blow. Just after I posted that I saw your "1 fold" "2 folds" lines.

Still didn't look at the "answer" yet, this is an interesting hand for both of us.

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 09:28 AM
No, you're right about that analysis, my initial post assumed I CC the raise with position and not in the blinds.

kyro
06-16-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Naw, my reading skills blow. Just after I posted that I saw your "1 fold" "2 folds" lines.

Still didn't look at the "answer" yet, this is an interesting hand for both of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really sat there for a while and tried to think about what you could be cold calling with. I figured it was a SNG, but had no idea what you'd be doing it with. Then there was the EP raiser that I had to worry about. He was a large stack, so his range was a little wider than it usually would be, but I really felt lost on this hand. I finally decided to fold, though I think a push really can't be too bad all things considering.

jaym had 99 and pushed the flop. EP called with KK.

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Here's my one second analysis (since that's about the amount of time I spent on it at the time):

I put whisky on: "loose range" of AT-AK, any pair or KQ. Tight range would be AQ,AK, 77+

I'm the short stack at the table.

If I enter the pot in any way, the BB is VERY likely to fold.

If I push, it's highly unlikely whisky will fold.

The last two make a SnG seem like my best option regardless of my cards.

kyro
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I think you played it perfectly. I was pushing if you folded. I couldn't get you on a range, and that's definitely something I need to work on

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 10:03 AM
FWIW I'm not sure I like your fold. From your perspective:

Pushing won't accomplish anything since whisky has huge pot odds if you push and it's not likely either whisky and I would fold.

If I'm a moron, I could have any two, in which case you have to play guessing games on any flop aggression by me with the EP raiser yet to act, so if you think I'm a moron I think you should fold.

If I'm a solid player, I will push the flop. The only time a solid player wouldn't push the flop is if he has you crushed. So if you think I'm solid, you're basically committing yourself to re-raise all-in over my push on the flop. EP would only call that if he had you beat (either with or without flop help).

Of course, your analysis shouldn't involve the EP since you would have played the hand had I not entered the pot. So if you think you have me beat, you should also CC and re-raise all-in over my flop bet.

The fact that both of us are executing a SnG (SnG squared?) will put intense pressure on EP raiser.

Of course, this is all opinion off the top of my head, so feel free to criticize/provide feedback.

kyro
06-16-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I'm not sure I like your fold. From your perspective:

Pushing won't accomplish anything since whisky has huge pot odds if you push and it's not likely either whisky and I would fold.

If I'm a moron, I could have any two, in which case you have to play guessing games on any flop aggression by me with the EP raiser yet to act, so if you think I'm a moron I think you should fold.

If I'm a solid player, I will push the flop. The only time a solid player wouldn't push the flop is if he has you crushed. So if you think I'm solid, you're basically committing yourself to re-raise all-in over my push on the flop. EP would only call that if he had you beat (either with or without flop help).

Of course, your analysis shouldn't involve the EP since you would have played the hand had I not entered the pot. So if you think you have me beat, you should also CC and re-raise all-in over my flop bet.

The fact that both of us are executing a SnG (SnG squared?) will put intense pressure on EP raiser.

Of course, this is all opinion off the top of my head, so feel free to criticize/provide feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think you bring up some very good points. Quick question. Let's say I call the raise and you check the flop. Given my read of you, is this an easy check/fold?

Unarmed
06-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Good points, but if he thinks you're a moron he should push PF, not fold.

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Hmm, thinking out loud. Well this one is complicated because of the EP. Given your read, if I check the flop, I either have a monster or the flop was like AKQ same suit. But if you check behind me, EP is likely to push so you'd be out of the pot. Of course, given your read, I have him beat so yes, I would probably check/fold.

jaym96822
06-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Actually, you made me rethink that part of it. You're right, if i'm a moron, he should push and force whisky into a tough spot.