PDA

View Full Version : NL trny hand(did i play it right)

alcapone
01-15-2003, 02:57 AM
Hi all
NL online trny.140players,33 left,blinds150/300,my chips 5400T.
Im on the button with A10s.
I raise to 600.SB fold,BB put in another2400T
I call.Flop 2rags and 10(rainbow)
BB have almost same stack as i(he is very agressive with face cards,and bet alot with A high HU)
know BB bet about 2500T i call.
Did i play this hand right,or i need fold it after he bet the flop(or preflop)?

Guy McSucker
01-15-2003, 10:09 AM
It sounds like everyone passed to you before the flop. If so, then it's right to raise, although you might try a little larger raise. Many people raise to 3 or 4 times the big blind. There is usually a "standard raise" for the table, which emerges over the course of the evening. Make that raise.

When the BB makes a significant reraise, you won't be losing much by folding, against many players. Your raise does look like it might be a steal, so he might be re-stealing, but it's not hard for him to have you in trouble, with AJ or better, or a pocket pair TT or up. Anyway, it's going to be hard to play the flop right. If you're going to go with the hand after this reraise, it might be worth going all-in before the flop. I would fold, though.

Once you've called that reraise and flopped top pair, you are committed to the hand. You just outflopped many of the hands he might have had that put you in trouble anyway.

Guy.

ohkanada
01-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Pre-flop I would make it 1000 or so. 600 is asking to be called and you really would rather not get called with ATs. Once you are re-raised to 2400, I would fold. You have a stealing hand that is good but not great. Don't commit half your chips with this cheese.

On the flop, you now have top pair. Being that you have committed 1/2 your chips, you probably need to call and hope he is pushing AK/AQ rather than an overpair.

Hope it worked out,
Ken Poklitar

pokerlover
01-15-2003, 02:07 PM
I agree with ohkanada.

alcapone
01-16-2003, 08:48 PM
ty for your replies.
I was make big mistake calling(of couse) his preflop
reraise,but like u say i was potcomited after this and
call his 2500T bet on flop(with top pair).
Turn bring another rag.
River give hem a Q(he got AQo)and bust me out .