PDA

View Full Version : i just didn't like it AA

DcifrThs
06-15-2005, 07:57 PM
i raise AA in the co. button (pretty loose but notterrible) calls, sb (ok player) calls, bb(too loose passive fish) calls.

QQ8 no flush draw checked to me i bet button calls everyone else folds

Jx on turn check check.

J on river. check bet call.

-Barron

Pepsquad
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i raise AA in the co. button (pretty loose but notterrible) calls, sb (ok player) calls, bb(too loose passive fish) calls.

Jx on turn check check.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any other way you can play it. I thought briefly about checking through on the flop and raising/betting the turn but you're just giving up too much by allowing the free turn.
Betting the flop and check-calling it down is all you can do.

DcifrThs
06-15-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jx on turn check check.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any other way you can play it. I thought briefly about checking through on the flop and raising/betting the turn but you're just giving up too much by allowing the free turn.
Betting the flop and check-calling it down is all you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

according to a great playerer I should bet the turn and call down.

-Barron

BarronVangorToth
06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
I think you should bet the turn -- allowing for the free card may allow someone to spike a set against you on the river.

Bet.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

Nigel
06-15-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

according to a great playerer I should bet the turn and call down.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same hand yesterday. I bet the turn, even though I really wanted to check call (I was just channeling him having the Q) and called his turn raise and called him down.

I think I was ok with losing the 1 extra bet for the times they will semi-bluff/bluff raise and all the times you give up too much by not getting called by a low pocket on turn and river. Just one of those hands that kinda sucks when you meet the flopped trips.

Am I wrong on this?

Nigel

La Brujita
06-15-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I was ok with losing the 1 extra bet for the times they will semi-bluff/bluff raise and all the times you give up too much by not getting called by a low pocket on turn and river. Just one of those hands that kinda sucks when you meet the flopped trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel as well.