PDA

View Full Version : My turn to post some 6max hands!

mmbt0ne
06-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Some are easy, some aren't. Some I don't like, some I do. Some I won, some I lost. Take a stab at 'em.

Villian is a huge moron. He's somewhere around 60/30 and goes on major LAG rushes after being beat.

Some of you probably know who he is. He only plays one table, and buys in for $500+ every time.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

My preflop raises had been too few and far between up to this point, and were getting a lot of respect around the table because of it. SB was a 2+2er (one I was really surprised to see this low in stakes, he's good), so I know he noticed. BB is moron from above. He seemed to be playing his somewhat decent game at this point.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Hand against the 2+2er from above hand. He had been pfr'ing UTG a lot and was getting the blinds often for it.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Villian is pretty LAG and likes to continue his bluffs. He's 45/19 over about 40 hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Nothing at all stood out about this guy. Not many hands for a read.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

kapw7
06-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Last hand. Raise the flop
Hand before that. Raise the river if he is LAG

Kumubou
06-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Mmmmm 6 max.

Hand 1: I take it you would be folding the river without the pair at least, as you can not even beat a bluff? I think I just might fold the turn anyway -- you have little in the way of implied odds, and are almost certainly behind, and the pot is small. He could be bluffing with Jack high and you are drawing to six outs anyway (to which you do not have odds). If your hand had any showdown value whatsoever UI then I would understand this.

Hand 2: Nice. His play has 'unimproved overs' written all over it, so I keep the heat on until the river (if he had a Jack he probably checkraises the turn). I take the free showdown, as there are about zero hands he's calling you with (king-high? buh.) and you may be facing a checkraise either as a bluff or with the goods, neither of which you can really call.

Hand 3: Meh, I don't like betting this river. Either he has the K or 7 and you are toast or he has an A and you are feeding the rake. Maybe he pays off with any two just to play the board... meh.

Hand 4: I hope you are three-betting this if those cold-callers were not in your way pre-flop.

No river raise? Would he not pay off anybody if people started playing back at him?

Hand 5: Meh. I probably fold the turn unless you have enough of a read (which I would question with the inforation given) where you think AK UI is still good -- this pot is damn small mang. If that is your plan, you better not be folding to a river bet.

-K

mmbt0ne
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
He could be bluffing with Jack high and you are drawing to six outs anyway (to which you do not have odds).

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's bluffing with J-hi I have 10 outs assuming he's spade-less.

Just for full disclosure, here's another hand I played with him just a couple hands ealier where he showed down K/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Hand 4: I hope you are three-betting this if those cold-callers were not in your way pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if that's an endorsement of the CC or not. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No river raise? Would he not pay off anybody if people started playing back at him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not gonna lie, that was awful.

Hand 5: Meh. I probably fold the turn unless you have enough of a read (which I would question with the inforation given) where you think AK UI is still good -- this pot is damn small mang. If that is your plan, you better not be folding to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're folding the turn UI, why call the flop?

aK13
06-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Hand 1: He sits down with $500+? That should all be padding your roll by now...
I'm considering a fold on the turn, although we do have 2 weak overs and a gutshot (but we don't want spades), pretty marginal peel, even against this guy. Are you calling a bet on the river if it is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ?

Hand 2: Looks fine. BB seems to be representing a big PP, but you probably can't figure that until he calls the turn bet.

Hand 3: Turn check is interesting. I would have fired another one, but probably expected to be raised. I'm assuming you checked knowing that, and planned to call a bet. Given villain's play, I also probably would have 3bet the river, thinking that he definitely could be playing a weaker ace pretty often.

Hand 4: If you didn't hit a pair on the turn, are you calling another bet? I probably would fold, as I doubt K high has showdown value against him, and we may already be behind a PP &gt;= 88. I would also throw in a raise on the end there, as I think we have his possible range beat.

Hand 5: River check seems good to me. I doubt SB is folding to a bet, and I don't think he plays any hand we have beat this way.

mmbt0ne
06-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Hand 4: If you didn't hit a pair on the turn, are you calling another bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't pick up a flush draw or a pair I was out.

Fantam
06-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Hand #1 Fold to turn bet.

I suppose you thought that SB might be betting overcards, so your calling to the river made sense.

Hand #2 Fold PF.

By the way, why not bet the river? You bet with practically nothing all the way until then. Why stop? Maybe BB will fold.

Hand #3 Bet the turn.

Nice hand. I think you had a fair chance of being ahead most of the way through this hand. So why not bet the turn? I think the river call was prudent.

Hand #4 Fold to flop bet.

You must be behind on the flop without the odds to justify calling in the hopes of improving. Nice turn and river. Hmmm if hes that agressive, why not raise the river?

Hand #5 Fold to turn bet.

Without a read, I think that SB has top pair, but checked the river in case you had an overpair.

Well those are my quick answers, so dont put too much faith in them. Also I dont play 6 max, so that doesnt help. LOL.

I answered your "quiz" for fun. So how did I do? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif