PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to see this? - KK

StellarWind
06-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Party 5/10 6-max (6-handed)

30/13 MP who plays moderately aggressive postflop open-raises. Hero 3-bets KK from the SB and it's heads up.

The turn board is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif). Villain called the flop and raised the turn. 7.2 BB in the pot. Are we done here or do you want to look this up?

marand
06-15-2005, 06:53 PM
I think you can fold this against most opponents. If you know he is overaggressive, then call him down. But your 3-bet preflop and lead on the flop and turn does not show any weakness. I think he most likely has two pair or better.

If you look at the hand from his perspective, with what hands would you raise the turn? AA, 99 , A9, Axs hearts?

Alobar
06-15-2005, 06:58 PM
In the absence of obvious 2 pair hands and really only one set option, I think it comes down solely to deciding whether hes got an A or is just bluffing, as if you call this turn, you are calling the river. Typically an underpair or x9 would try and move you off your hand on the flop, not wait till the turn. Since the 9 is also the suit of the turn card, it cant be a middle pair that picked up the flush and is now semi bluffing. You are getting 4-1 on a call down. Unless he is known for pulling off some bluffs, I think you can lay this one down safely.

StellarWind
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
I insisted on seeing. I don't think that was a good decision.

Villain had a set of rockets.

Thanks for the comments.

bobbyi
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
This one is obviously very opponent-dependent, but I would tend to fold against someone as you describe. A good player could raise for a free showdown with a smaller pocket pair than yours hoping to get you to lay down exactly what you have, but expecting an unknown 5/10 player to do that is giving them too much credit, I think.

MAxx
06-16-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one is obviously very opponent-dependent

[/ QUOTE ]

Against some players this is an autocall down for me.

Against the player you describe, I'd fold too.