PDA

View Full Version : KK in the LB

JDalla
06-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Hero has K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the LB.

UTG Limp, Button Raise, Hero 3-bet, UTG call, Button Call
Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero Bets, UTG folds, Button Call.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero Checks, Button Bets, Hero calls

River: J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero Checks, Button Bets, Hero calls.

I'm not sure I played this right... I didn't have any good stats on the players except that the UTG was too loose/passive.

I felt like there was a very good chance he had an ace.

What's the optimal play?

TStoneMBD
06-16-2005, 11:54 PM
bump

wrto4556
06-17-2005, 12:24 AM
I bet/fold this turn. A raise on the button doesn't mean he has an ace. He called flop so he could be peeling, but most likely has an A or Pp. It's close, but if you bet the turn, sometimes(I said sometimes) they check behind on the river with a better hand.

witeknite
06-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Your turn check says "I don't have an A. Please steal from me." I bet it and fold to a raise against a complete unknown. If he is stupid/donkish/maniacal I might call down. It depends on how much I've been folding at that table.

WiteKnite

bobbyi
06-17-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your turn check says "I don't have an A. Please steal from me."

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that he was an intending to call and can beat any hand that tries to steal, why is that bad? I bet the turn, but your argument is totally unconving. "Wait! Don't check and call. You might induce a bluff."

witeknite
06-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Sure that's a solid plan if he has a read that villian will bet when checked to, but an A will bet for value, a PP that would probably pay will check, any other pair will check getting infinite odds to draw to five outs, and if he is bluffing the turn he will probably check behind on river unless he has a really high AF. I can see an argument for c/cing turn and bet/folding river, but not bet flop, c/c turn, and check river with the intention of calling. Isn't that a guaranteed lose the most, gain the least plan? If I'm thinking about this wrong, I appreciate any correction.

WwiteKnite

TStoneMBD
06-17-2005, 01:31 AM
the only thing wrong about your post is saying that someone who bluffraises the turn will check the river is wrong. the players in this game follow through their bluffs relentlessly.

witeknite
06-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Which game? This wasn't specified and since he's new I figured 1/2. It's not so bad there.

WiteKnite

TStoneMBD
06-17-2005, 02:15 AM
oh sorry didnt realize. this hand took place in 5/10 6max on party.

JDalla
06-20-2005, 09:04 PM
right right, my bad. was 5/10 6 max party.