PDA

View Full Version : Basic HU play when blinds are huge

Smithers
06-15-2005, 06:08 PM
[preface: i am not as good as most of you; basically a lurker. according to poker-prophecy i am cashing in 39% of the $22's i've played the past month, which i assume is decent.]

On a Paradise SNG, the last level of blinds is 500/1000, and the entire "universe" of chips is only 10,000 chips to start with. So if you're shortstacked and in the big blind, you're more or less pot-committed before you see your cards (at least i think so).

My questions:
- if you have, say, 2500 chips, and 1000 of those are in the big blind, and the villain pushes, should you ever fold?
- if you are the big stack (say 6500-7000 or so) and the action is to you, should you push regardless? if not, at what point (in terms of your stack size) do you draw the line?

thanks... any statistical embellishments are welcome.

PS: the island of crete.

Sabrazack
06-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Its hard to draw an exact line when to push and when not to. It comes down to what you think your opponent will be calling with. But with these high blinds its generally correct to be pushing with any two and calling with maybe top 50% if opponent is pushing any two.

Please someone correct me if im wrong.

TheNoodleMan
06-15-2005, 07:02 PM
this (http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~sharnett/poker/) might be helpful. Scroll down to the link for Heads Up Hand Matchups.