PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll Requirement Question

KramerTM
06-15-2005, 06:06 PM
When people suggest having 30 Buy-ins when playing at a certain SnG Level, does this mean when you drop below this level you should immediately drop levels? In other words, if I am using 30 BIs as my cut-off, if I lose one tournment and drop to 29 BIs, do I drop levels or keep playing for a little to see if I can get back above the 30 BI quota.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

By the way, I know there is no steradfast rule when it comes to BIs, but I have been using 30 as my requirement.

Bigwig
06-15-2005, 06:07 PM
I only drop if for some odd reason I go below 20. I usually quickly win enough cash back to resume my normal level.

All these rules also depend on your ROI. You don't need much of squat if you're pulling 25%.

Apathy
06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only drop if for some odd reason I go below 20. I usually quickly win enough cash back to resume my normal level.

All these rules also depend on your ROI. You don't need much of squat if you're pulling 25%.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually calculate exactly how much you need to have less then 1% ror (risk of ruin) if you know your roi and your finish distribution (actually itm would be enough). Unfortunatly noone who wants to know the answer to that (how much BR to have) has any idea what their real longterm roi or itm is.

vindikation
06-15-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly noone who wants to know the answer to that (how much BR to have) has any idea what their real longterm roi or itm is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it generally accepted that a winning player will have an ITM ~ 40% for all of the levels?

ITM would obviously go down as as the buyin increases, but isn't ITM usually constant?