PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded coaching

Entity
06-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Sorry for the semi-offtopic post, but I've started considering investing in a good poker coach recently. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the options out there (besides Tommy A. and Joe Tall), but I'm interested in hearing about anyone that coaches and has a fair amount of experience with shorthanded play. I've been at it for about 14k hands in 5/10 so far, and while I know some of my results are from running bad (big hands are averaging about half of their normal earn for me so far), I'd like to have someone with a good process to look at other elements of my game: for example, my blind play right now has me feeling like I've got a small like, but I don't quite know where (-.15bb/hand and -.1bb/hand [SB], respectively), and I know that I'm playing more hands UTG (~16%) than most people here and probably less hands from the button (28%).

So anyway, I'm wondering who out there offers coaching that knows a lot about shorthanded play -- I'm definitely interested in improving my full ring skills as well, but I'd like to work on my SH play specifically.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
Rob

donger
06-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread or anything, but I've been feeling the exact same way. If anybody with a good rep does offer coaching for this kind of stuff, you have another client.

einbert
06-15-2005, 06:05 PM
I would be up for this too, most definitely.

cockandbull
06-15-2005, 06:06 PM
PM Joe Tall.

Entity
06-15-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PM Joe Tall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a few days ago, haven't heard back from him yet.

Rob

donger
06-15-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PM Joe Tall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a few days ago, haven't heard back from him yet.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here..

mistrpug
06-15-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to hijack this thread or anything, but I've been feeling the exact same way. If anybody with a good rep does offer coaching for this kind of stuff, you have another client.

[/ QUOTE ]

King Yao
06-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I've had a handful of people come to me about coaching for shorthanded games. Although I am not interested, I would like to know who is coaching so I can refer people to them. So if any potential coaches read this, please PM me.

Silverback
06-15-2005, 06:55 PM
I think Kiddo offers some coaching.

partypokerer
06-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Alobar coaches, hes good.

lastcoyote
06-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I was referred to Alobar by a respected poster in this forum. He agreed to go through a couple hundred hands for me a few weeks ago and I was impressed with the advice he gave and the time it appears he put into it. Well worth the cost. He helped me fixed a few leaks that have resulted in an immediate profit for me.

krishanleong
06-15-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar coaches, hes [censored] good.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Krishan

TStoneMBD
06-16-2005, 12:02 AM
pm James282. he offered coaching in the past for dirt cheap.

Lmn55d
06-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't offer coaching anymore. I had a few sessions with him about 6 months ago and they were incredibly helpful.