PDA

View Full Version : I 3 bet... damn.

Justin A
06-15-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't recall villains exact stats, but he was definitely a preflop lag, PFR somewhere in the low to mid twenties. Didn't have enough hands to know if he was aggro postflop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JustinA is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JustinA 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">JustinA bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">JustinA bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JustinA 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, JustinA...?

mantasm
06-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Call down. That's a pretty aggressive pfr, he could be overplaying top pair, or you could have outs against QT or something like that.

freehat
06-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Instead of 3-betting, I think it is best to call the turn and then raise the river. Even if he has something that beats you, you'll be less likely to get 3-bet and he wont lay down a pair on the river anway. I think you want 4 bets to go in on this board and thats the best way of doing it, with 5 I think you are losing to often.

einbert
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Could be A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, or QTs which you have outs against.

If he turns out to be very overaggressive postflop, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifX/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a possibility as well.

I'm seeing a showdown here.

jskills
06-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I'd not be 3-betting the turn. I'd call and check / call the river to see a showdown. Am I a puss?

He could have AQ, especially AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or of course QQ.

I like what I read in Bob Ciaffone's book about KK in limit, which went something like he's "always taking that hand to showdown no matter what". That is not an exact qoute, but it did go something like that.

MCS
06-15-2005, 05:05 PM
What hands do you put him on?

When he checkraises the turn after calling the flop, the following hands are still left in my mind QT, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifX /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 55, 77, TT, AQ.

His flop call-turn checkraise line means to me that he has a hand he likes a lot. I think I just call the turn. You have one pair. I raise a blank river since he's probably unlikely to 3-bet.

elindauer
06-15-2005, 05:08 PM
All you know about the guy is that in at least one phase of the game, he's hyper aggressive. The board is not paired, so you have odds to draw against a made 2 pair even if he flipped it face up. You can't raise again, as the action is capped. What's the question again?

Good luck.
Eric

MCS
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the question again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the questions to be "Should I have 3-bet the turn?" and "What is my plan on the river?" I didn't think folding to the cap was an option.

Justin A
06-15-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the questions to be "Should I have 3-bet the turn?" and "What is my plan on the river?" I didn't think folding to the cap was an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Pretty much seeing if the turn 3bet was standard. If the turn had been a rag and he had checkraised me I would have called down. Being that it was a queen, I thought it much more likely that he held a queen.

I was also wondering if anyone can find a river fold.

bakku
06-15-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Pretty much seeing if the turn 3bet was standard. If the turn had been a rag and he had checkraised me I would have called down. Being that it was a queen, I thought it much more likely that he held a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Justin,

Finding river folds against opponents like this aren't going to add to your bottom line.

DBowling
06-15-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 14:1 vs a lag? no