PDA

View Full Version : sorta bubble play with KK

eappletree
06-15-2005, 03:03 PM
this is a ministep 4 tournament, 6th gets entry to ministep 3 and 5th gets retry to ministep 4. large stack is deceptive but hasnt been too aggressive with his stack because of a big stack sitting to his left.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3235)
Hero (t2155)
BB (t1640)
UTG (t580)
MP (t1620)
CO (t770)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.

two shortstacks push all in and button raises half my stack, i know at least one ace is out. im not sure what the button has (ranging from med pp to ace face). what is my play?

durron597
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
You have KK. Move in.

Edit: You don't want to drop down a level or stay at the same level, you want to move up.

adanthar
06-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Problem is both shorties are all in, meaning if one of them wins you can't fold in.

I think you have to *call* this and try to check it down on an aceless flop. If the button is anything other than *incredibly* dumb he will let you do it. If not, oh well, you're almost certainly finishing at least second in the hand so you're in anyway.

edit: this assumes top 4 make it. If it's top 2 or top 3 you have to push.

RobGW
06-15-2005, 03:20 PM
This is a really easy push for me. If button wins the hand you still come in 4th. If UTG or CO win but you win the side pot you still win chips, one person busts, and button now has a shortstack. You would have to lose to UTG or CO and the button in order to bust out 5th. I can't even think of a scenario where you bust out in 6th. There really not much downside here.