PDA

View Full Version : Another Quiz (long...and quizzy)

e_fermat
06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Ok. I can't even remember the last time I posted but it has been a long time I think. Just going through some old posts, I re-read the "Quiz time" post by zac777 Original Quiz (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=176 8967&Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limi t=25&Main=1768967&Search=true&where=&Name=16513&da terange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post1768967) and figured it might be a good idea to write a quiz geared at the SNG level I play ($50+5 primarily) to see how others play similar situations or the thought processes involved. This first set of 15 deals with early game through to bubble situations. I hope to write another quiz with more bubble and ITM situations.

Enjoy. Comments appreciated.

Assume all are party with no reads other than when indicated (you are 8-tabling after all). If what you believe is the correct answer is not listed then choose the closest option but explain what your play would have been.

1) 1st orbit, 10 players left, you are in BB. UTG raises to 50 followed by 2 all-ins. You look down at QQ. What is the highest level SNG that you call the two all-ins (with original raiser to act)?

a) $10/$20
b) $30
c) $50
d) $100/$200
e) Meh, it’s guaranteed someone has AA or KK, I fold even in play money.

2) $50+5. 1st orbit, 10 players left, you are UTG+1 with AKs. You raise to 125 and are called by MP and BB. Flop comes 962r. BB bets out 100 (t385), you:

a) Fold like a cheap suit
b) Call
c) Reraise to 300 or so
d) Reraise all-in

3) $50+5. 1st hand, 10 players left, you are SB with AKs. UTG raises all-in and is folded to you. You decide to prophecy UTG and see he has played 100 SNGs. How low does his ITM% have to be for you to call (ignore this question if you’ve never used prophecy):

a) 25%
b) 20%
c) 15%
d) 5%
e) irrelevant - “I’m not willing to bust out with AKs regardless of how bad he/she is”

3) $50+5. 15/30. 9 players left, you are SB with Kx and complete with two limpers and BB checks. Flop comes K95r (t120) and you bet out 80 with one caller. Turn is a 2. How big must x be in order for you to continue firing out bets on the turn and river assuming you do not hit two-pair but board remains uncoordinated?

a) A (ignoring how it was played pre-flop)
b) Q
c) T
d) 7
e) Doesn’t matter what x is, I’m not risking 25-40% of my stack with top pair regardless of kicker.

4) How (if at all) does your answer to 3) change if there are two flush cards and the third flush card fails to appear on the turn or river (t480)?

5) Same situation as 3) but an A falls on the river, you hold KQ. What is your action on the river (t480)?

6) $50+5. 25/50. 7 players left. You have 990 chips on the button with JTs and limp in with another limper and the blinds. Flop comes K98 giving you an OESFD. BB with an initial stack of 1100 makes a near pot sized bet of 175. It’s folded to you who:

a) Folds like a cheap suit
b) Calls
c) Reraises to 400 or so
d) Reraise all-in

7) $50+5. 50/100. 6 players left. Your last two hands have been A8s and 66 with which you have raised to 3BB and taken down the blinds uncontested. You are now in CO with 1500 chips. Leader has 3500 and the other 4 all have just over 1000 chips. Leader is to your right and it is folded to you. You have JJ and:

a) Limp
b) Raise 3BB again
c) Raise a different amount but not all-in (explain how much and why)
d) Raise all-in

8) Same scenario as 8) but you hold AA.

a) Limp
b) Raise 3BB again
d) Raise all-in

9) Same scenario as 8) but you hold KTo.

a) Limp
b) Raise 3BB again
d) Raise all-in
e) Fold

10) $50+5. 100/200. 5 players left. You have 2000, leader has 4000 and the other 3 all have just over 1000 chips. Leader is to your right and has raised to 1000 each time you were in SB or BB for the last two orbits (you had junk and folded all 4 times). You are in BB and he raises again to 1000 from the SB. What range of hands most closely approximates those you would re-raise all-in with:

a) AA-KK
b) AA-QQ; AK; AQs
c) AA-99; AJ+; ATs
d) Any pair; A8+; Axs; KQs
e) Any pair, any ace, any two paint

12) Same situation as 11) but YOU are the chip leader who has been terrorizing the second stack the last two orbits (with semi-decent hands). Blinds have just gone up to 150/300. You are in the SB and is folded to you. What range of hands do you raise into second in chips in the BB:

a) Any pair; A8+; Axs; KQs
b) Any pair, any ace, any two paint
c) Any pair, any two cards 9 or higher
d) Any pair; any two cards 7 or higher
e) Any two

13) $50+5. 100/200 orbit, 5 players left. You have just taken down a large pot slow playing your set of queens. Chip leader who is not in the hands says: “nh, sup bro?” to which you reply: “that’s right baby, all-county”. He/she is two to your left. You have 2000, fellow 2+2’r has 4000, everyone else including SB has just over 1000 chips. With this new information, what is your open raising standard when 2+2’r is in one of the blinds.

a) AA-QQ; AK; AQs
b) AA-99; AJ+; ATs
c) Any pair; A8+; Axs; KQs
d) Any pair, any ace, any two paint
e) Any pair, any two cards 9 or higher

14) $50+5. 100/200 orbit, 4 players left. You have 1500 in the BB, two stacks at 4000, small stack has 500 chips. Small stack is UTG and raises all-in. SB re-raises all-in. What range of hands do you call with:

a) AA only
b) AA-KK
c) AA-QQ; AK; AQs
d) AA-99; AJ+; ATs
e) Much looser than any of these ranges

15) Overall, I found this quiz:

a) Lame
b) Mildly interesting
c) Thought provoking
d) Meh, I’ll let others elaborate, do you see why?

Bigwig
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
1) 1st orbit, 10 players left, you are in BB. UTG raises to 50 followed by 2 all-ins. You look down at QQ. What is the highest level SNG that you call the two all-ins (with original raiser to act)?

I don't like any of the answers to No. 1.

2) $50+5. 1st orbit, 10 players left, you are UTG+1 with AKs. You raise to 125 and are called by MP and BB. Flop comes 962r. BB bets out 100 (t385), you:

Why I am I raising over 7BB preflop without limpers?

3) $50+5. 1st hand, 10 players left, you are SB with AKs. UTG raises all-in and is folded to you. You decide to prophecy UTG and see he has played 100 SNGs. How low does his ITM% have to be for you to call (ignore this question if you’ve never used prophecy):

e) irrelevant - “I’m not willing to bust out with AKs regardless of how bad he/she is” on the first hand

Also, I thought it was funny that you said 1st hand, 10 players left.

3) $50+5. 15/30. 9 players left, you are SB with Kx and complete with two limpers and BB checks. Flop comes K95r (t120) and you bet out 80 with one caller. Turn is a 2. How big must x be in order for you to continue firing out bets on the turn and river assuming you do not hit two-pair but board remains uncoordinated?

I don't open on this flop with Kx. I need a very good kicker.

4) How (if at all) does your answer to 3) change if there are two flush cards and the third flush card fails to appear on the turn or river (t480)?

Since I'm not betting the flop, I can't say.

5) Same situation as 3) but an A falls on the river, you hold KQ. What is your action on the river (t480)?

Again.

6) $50+5. 25/50. 7 players left. You have 990 chips on the button with JTs and limp in with another limper and the blinds. Flop comes K98 giving you an OESFD. BB with an initial stack of 1100 makes a near pot sized bet of 175. It’s folded to you who:

a) Folds like a cheap suit

7) $50+5. 50/100. 6 players left. Your last two hands have been A8s and 66 with which you have raised to 3BB and taken down the blinds uncontested. You are now in CO with 1500 chips. Leader has 3500 and the other 4 all have just over 1000 chips. Leader is to your right and it is folded to you. You have JJ and:

b) Raise 3BB again

8) Same scenario as 8) but you hold AA.

b) Raise 3BB again

9) Same scenario as 8) but you hold KTo.

This is the type of situation where I might mini-raise to represent a strong hand. But I lean toward folding after having just stolen the blinds twice.

10) $50+5. 100/200. 5 players left. You have 2000, leader has 4000 and the other 3 all have just over 1000 chips. Leader is to your right and has raised to 1000 each time you were in SB or BB for the last two orbits (you had junk and folded all 4 times). You are in BB and he raises again to 1000 from the SB. What range of hands most closely approximates those you would re-raise all-in with:

c) AA-99; AJ+; ATs
I'm far from folding into the money here, and I want the chip lead on the bubble.

12) Same situation as 11) but YOU are the chip leader who has been terrorizing the second stack the last two orbits (with semi-decent hands). Blinds have just gone up to 150/300. You are in the SB and is folded to you. What range of hands do you raise into second in chips in the BB:

c) Any pair, any two cards 9 or higher

Okay, I'm tired of answering.

curtains
06-15-2005, 03:47 PM
I just cant do it...too many questions all at once!!

BradleyT
06-15-2005, 03:55 PM
You'll get more responses if you do 5 questions at a time and make 3 seperate posts.

adanthar
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
1. $10 is probably the highest I'd call at
2. Fold
3. 25% is maybe a bit over what I'd need, I might fold at 30%
3.5. KQ
4. I probably check/call the river anyway
5. Check/call a reasonable amount
6. I'd have probably folded PF, but now I'm pushing
7. Raise to 275 and hope he pushes so I can call; if they all fold, I'm showing the hand
8. Same
9. Fold
10. B
12. I'm pushing B; if he's 2+2 or semi-decent it's D
13. B
14. Somewhere in between C and D
15. I don't do livejournal quizzes but at least this one's about poker

e_fermat
06-15-2005, 04:13 PM
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2645108&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

freemoney
06-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I am gonna answer these for the 109s cuz thats all i really have experience in...

1. fold
2. fold but i never ever open for 125 when the blinds are 15 in EP
3. ehh like 20% i def call
3 again. usually Q depends on reads though.
4. more likely to check/call hoping a busted flush draw tries to pick up pot
5. check, evalute on players action
6. re-raise to 400 or all in it depends on villian (if we r real deep and villian is a donk i just call though)and the betting ive done that game, but def playing this pot.
7. i go all in
8. raise 3 BB
9. fold
10. sorta b's range but JJ also
12. almost always any 2
13. i dont like this question
14. depends on SB but something close to d
15. b