PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet KJo preflop here?

CostaRicaBill
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
MP is 33/23 and BB is pretty laggish from what I've seen. Against this lineup, is this a standard 3 bet with KJo in the SB? I figured I had little chance of knocking out BB so I just called.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif color:#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero ??

Now with a flop like this, I hate not having 3bet preflop and feel lost. I feel like I should take one off but all of my outs might not be clean and unpredictable LAG BB could make things worse.

J.R.
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
with a middling K high out of positon and you need a fair bit of postflop folding equity on ragged boards to really justify a 3-bet. most with stats similar to MP are tenacious, plus you have the laggy BB to deal with so i think a call is ok. your image at the time plays into things as well.

i think a flop call is ok, your implied odds and 7ish -1 are nice and domination isn;t a huge concern.

twankerr
06-15-2005, 04:51 PM
There is almost no reason to 3-bet preflop if you know that the BB is not folding.