PDA

View Full Version : wuss stamped on my forehead

joedot
01-14-2003, 05:51 PM
I must have wuss stamped on my forehead, cause this is the typical bullying people try to do to me. Names changed to protect the bullies. Any comments?

$1/$2 Hold'em with a kill

Player 1 utg raises $2. P2 re-raises. I call in the sb with K/forums/images/icons/spade.gifQ/forums/images/icons/spade.gif. Player 1 calls.

Flop T/forums/images/icons/heart.gifT/forums/images/icons/diamond.gifQ/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I check, P1 checks, P2 bets $1. I raise, P1 folds, P2 reraises, I cap it. P2 calls.

Turn - T/forums/images/icons/heart.gifT/forums/images/icons/diamond.gifQ/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif7/forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check, P2 bets, I raise, P2 reraises, I call.

River - T/forums/images/icons/heart.gifT/forums/images/icons/diamond.gifQ/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif7/forums/images/icons/heart.gif6/forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I check, P2 bets, I call.

comments appreciated. results to follow. you don't want to miss this one.

Clarkmeister
01-14-2003, 05:55 PM
Results shouldn't matter as this is a ridiculously easy preflop fold. Frankly, I think its a fold for one raise in the SB vs a reasonalbe UTG raiser, let along for 2 raises.

Muck those rags.

Vehn
01-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Is it an easy fold if the P2 is the type to 3-bet here with the 98 offsuit or pocket 6's that he obviously had in this hand?

Dynasty
01-14-2003, 06:03 PM
You also severely overplayed your hand. Against a pre-flop 3-bettor, you shoudln't be so certain that top pair of Queens is good.

After the flop, you should have played the hand by check-calling the flop, check-calling the turn, and probably check-calling the river.

Clarkmeister
01-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Yes. You still need to worry about UTG. Do you really think you are giving up EV by folding here for 3 bets while out of position?

joedot
01-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Board: T/forums/images/icons/heart.gifT/forums/images/icons/diamond.gifQ/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif7/forums/images/icons/heart.gif6/forums/images/icons/spade.gif

P2 shows 9/forums/images/icons/club.gif2/forums/images/icons/heart.gif for a pair of 10's
I take it down with queens up

I'm not kidding. He really had that. Can any of you explain what induces people to play like that against me or anyone? And do you guys still think I should fold when this guy 3 bets? lmao

Ed Miller
01-14-2003, 06:58 PM
I would fold this hand preflop every time. I virtually never play a hand like KQ after a raise and a reraise... I usually dump it for a single raise... though it's probably playable for a bet and a half in the SB under some circumstances.

Furthermore, I think you way overplayed your hand given the large chance that you are dominated.

Pat
01-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Did you have a read on P2 prior to this hand? Do you really think he was trying to bully you, or was he consistently playing bad?

Pat

bernie
01-14-2003, 08:33 PM
since youre seeing the flop, and you hit, you may as well see the river cheap. i like the raise on the flop that gets it HU...but once the guy folds, im done betting when the other guy reraises.

b

Binkus
01-14-2003, 08:37 PM
I think that you strongly over played your hand with utg2 reraising it pre flop its unlikely that he is int there with a third T (I dont see someone 2 betting AT) and TT is unlikely. But you could very easily be against a higer pocket pair

joedot
01-14-2003, 08:55 PM
I had noticed that he was playing loose. But this one definitely seemed to go a little further than just loose play. It seemed like he was really trying to push me around. At least from my perspective, and looking at what he had and how he played against me.