PDA

View Full Version : Encountering a dog on my run

tbach24
06-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I was doing my run this morning and I came across a dog. It was drooling a lot, didn't have a collar, and was not afraid of me. I escaped only when it saw another dog (looked exactly like it) and ran to play with it.

If I encounter a dog again, what's the proper play?

M2d
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
stick it in his pooper

Thythe
06-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Name him butterscotch and play with him every day.

Shajen
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
depends. Was it this dog:

http://www.callme.com/justwebvideo/local_pictures/small_dog_callme_r1.jpg

or this dog:

http://www.animalindiatrust.org/PowerPoint-Rabid-Dog-Web.jpg

If it's the first one, just keep on going. If it's the second one, stop running.

tbach24
06-15-2005, 01:10 PM
It was a yellow labrador, but I'm not sure how amable it was.

It wasn't growling or sneering.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Slap it upside the head and see what it does. React accordingly. Show fear - he'll feel sorry for you and leave you alone. If you can, get around behind him and grab him by the nuts. This shows you're the alpha and he won't [censored] with you.

jakethebake
06-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Lie down with your head on the ground and ass in the air to show you're submissive.

bosoxfan
06-15-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was drooling a lot, didn't have a collar, and was not afraid of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the dogs at your school retarded too?

RacersEdge
06-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Start carrying a few scooby snacks with you....or a little chocolate..

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was drooling a lot, didn't have a collar, and was not afraid of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the dogs at your school retarded too?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the dogs were very dumb and smelly, but I'm out of there now

Shajen
Dogs can sense fear, keep that in mind.

Now, if this seems like a dog that was just looking at you like "What the hell are you doing, stupid human?" then you are all good.

If its looking at you like your dinner, then back away slowly, not being a threat. Don't make real quick movements or anything like that, just back off.

If it comes after you, stomp the [censored] out of it.

TheJunkyardGod
06-15-2005, 01:26 PM
if the dog doesnt seem agressive or violent, keep running.

If you think he's going to attack, punch him in the face and start yelling at him. I didnt think it would work but this happened to me when I was maybe 16 or so. I was walking home from school and this mixbreed dog came out of nowhere and started barking and growling. I knew it would outrun me and then I would get bitten. So I remember someone saying wack it on the nose. I took it a step further and punched it instead. It took a step back and I started yelling and telling it to get out of here. Suprisingly it worked.

sidenote: OP, I love your avatar, what is that from?

tbach24
06-15-2005, 01:29 PM
I'll keep your suggestion in mind, but kind of as a last resort...here's the link to my avatar's thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2637259&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

ripdog
06-15-2005, 02:02 PM
People who fear dogs and react in fear to their presence bring the aggressive behavior on themselves. Ignore the dog and keep going. If it pursues you, stop and turn towards it. Speak forcefully--tell it to sit and point to the ground as you do it. If it sits, make it lay down next. You will be Alpha if you do this. I did it with an aggressive Bull Mastiff at work once, but you'll find that smaller dogs are more likely to be aggressive.

stankybank
06-15-2005, 02:24 PM
keep running.

it's not yours. why bother? unless it's lying in obvious pain or something, then try taking it to the vet or look for a collar or do something to help it.

Cyrus
06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Drop in all fours and turn your posterior towards the dog. It's a show of surrender, lack of hostility, and general unwillingness to fight. The dog should leave you alone.

Unless it's a sodomizing canine.

raisethatmofo
06-29-2005, 03:19 PM

WackityWhiz
06-29-2005, 05:09 PM
so many hateful comments... I kept thinking that the one I was reading would be the last, but you guys kept firing...

way to go - i'm impressed

touchfaith
06-29-2005, 05:12 PM
People run? Even when the cops aren't chasing them?

yuk, that doesn't sound fun at all.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Run

lu_hawk
06-29-2005, 05:13 PM
do the fake ball trick in the opposite direction.

guller
06-29-2005, 05:17 PM
A nice slab of beef jerkey will make even the meanest dog your friend for life.

Dead
06-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Some of the responses here are idiotic. It was a Yellow [censored] Lab. Those dogs are gentle as hell, and most wouldn't hurt a fly.

SomethingClever
06-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Was it this guy?

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/demondog.jpg