PDA

View Full Version : Weird home SNG bubble situation

45suited
06-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Top 2 spots pay (2/3 of pool goes to first). Regular game, neither player was an angle shooter. 3 handed.

Blinds 200-400

UTG t4000
SB Hero t3000 dealt 6c6s
BB t2700

Now, here's where things get weird. A player had just gotten knocked out and started dealing so there might have been some confusion. BB acts out of turn and says "all-in". UTG immediately says "call" with no hesitation. I then say, "You guys acted out of turn." They realize their mistake and the betting starts over.

UTG now CALLS. He's got me covered and the top two spots pay. BB had gone all-in when he thought he was UTG. I decide to complete even though I feel like I might be donating 200 chips to the pot, just in case BB doesn't now push. BB pushes, UTG calls, I fold.

Did I play this right given the payout structure? Was the situation handled correctly in this case and, more specifically, if you guys are playing in home games or small tournaments, if somebody bets out of turn, are they supposed to be able to take their bets back?

kyro
06-15-2005, 09:33 AM
What a terrible complete. What an awful, awful, awful complete.

Just fold. Sounds like they both really like their hands. My pocket pair doesn't look so powerful right now.

45suited
06-15-2005, 09:38 AM
I completed because the BB's all-in doesn't necessarily mean that much. Chip leader's immediate call of the push followed by his call as UTG scared the hell out of me. I thought that the chip leader's immediate call might scare BB into not pushing. In that case, I felt that I could try to see a cheap flop with the hopes of hitting a set. Probably dumb though but that was my thinking.

kyro
06-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Meh, I didn't think of that option to be honest with you. It makes it less terrible, but you're tossing in 1/15 of your stack hoping to hit two requirements

1) BB doesn't push.
2) You hit your set.

Still isn't worth it to me. I still fold instead of complete.