PDA

View Full Version : I think I played this flop wrong

SNOWBALL138
06-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

The only reason I bet this flop was because it was super raggedy. Looking back, its a bad move because of my position, the size of the pot, and the number of players. I would never make this mistake if I wasn't multi-tabling.

Anyway, I'm curious about how you guys would play the turn. I bet here to avoid giving a free card to a hand like KQ. Also, I didn't consider the jack to be a scare card.

I think my river play here is automatic.

Losfer
06-15-2005, 07:54 AM
I actually like you line on all streets. Are you folding on the flop to a bet? If not, you might as well bet yourself. Without reads it's tough to say, but I don't see a T checking this flop, and once the button folds I think you probably have the best hand. If you check, and the button checks behind, you're really going to hate it because of all the over cards to you hand.

On the turn, UTG has not done anything to indicate you are behind so I think there is decent chance you are still in front, and you can't let him see the river for free.

kapw7
06-15-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I didn't consider the jack to be a scare card.

I think my river play here is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]
How come a jack is not a scarecard?

SNOWBALL138
06-15-2005, 08:43 AM
The jack isn't a good card for my hand, but its hardly an ace or a king. If villain has a range of overcard type hands here, then he's least likely to have a jack. Yeah, he could have KJ/AJ/QJ, but if an ace comes he could have AK-A2 or if a K comes villain could have AK-K9.
So, of all the overcards to the board, the jack is my favorite.

Quercus
06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
This looks ok to me.

If you don't bet the turn, you may induce a river bluff that you have to fold to.

tiltaholic
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
i think you likely played this hand well against a typical loose preflop/weak post flop player.
reads are important. what was UTG like and how would or would your play change by varying player type?

Borno
06-15-2005, 09:30 AM
I play the same and fold to a c/r on the flop. I bet the turn like you did to protect once again and not give the free card. river is an easy check.

If I ever get any aggression I fold.

topspin
06-15-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually like your line on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

davelin
06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually like your line on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DeathDonkey
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
This flop bet is a routine one for me with a hand as good as 66 and much worse.

-DeathDonkey

parappa
06-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm always scared betting the turn there, but you have to bet there imo. If you don't you'll end up laying down the best hand too often.

DocMartin
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
This is a good flop bet with only one player left to act (read one potential T) and the turn is good now that you are heads up with someone who checked the flop. Standard river.

bozlax
06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks ok to me.

If you don't bet the turn, you may induce a river bluff that you have to fold to.

[/ QUOTE ]

deception5
06-15-2005, 03:17 PM
I like your play.

I love the big blind /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UTG calls, Hero calls, 5 folds, Button calls, SB completes, 1 fold.

[/ QUOTE ]