PDA

View Full Version : low limit holdem HELP

Greggcanwin
06-15-2005, 07:10 AM
due to budget restrictions i have been playin 50 cent /dollar as opposed to my 2-4 3-6 games. I have lost every way imaginable if i have two pair aces and kings some sap will river a gut shot straight..or if i have two decent pair someone will river and ace and win..the list goes on..other times i sit 25 - 30 hands and have lousy starting hands... these two scenerios have killed me ive lost 20 bucks a day six days in a row..and of course you never know what will flop..but if i fold my marginal hand of course i would have made a monster hand.. my questionis..should I just build my bankroll and play my usual 2-4 3-6 games and leave these lucky incompitants alone or does someone have advice to weather me thru this? thanks..and thank you for listening to me whine!! but as Bud Grant, former viking coach used to say..show me a good loser and I will show you a LOSER! again thanks

csuf_gambler
06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should I just build my bankroll and play my usual 2-4 3-6 games and leave these lucky incompitants alone

[/ QUOTE ]

it is clear that you do not have a fundamental understanding of the game. if you can't beat bad players then how are you going to beat good players?

if you cannot beat the .5/1 games then there are serious flaws in your game. read small stakes hold'em.

Paxosmotic
06-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Your entire post reads like a guy who beats his friends and thus that means you're a great player. You aren't good enough to play 2/4, you need to play more at .50 and read WLHE (I don't think SSHE is for you yet).

Guthrie
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
other times i sit 25 - 30 hands and have lousy starting hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

JJJeroen
06-15-2005, 09:48 AM
???
Normally I get good hands at least once every orbit and if I don't, then I'll just slap the dealer in his face. That'll teach him!

Greggcanwin
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
what is SSHE?

einbert
06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Low limit hold'em is pretty much unbeatable due to the huge amounts of chasing that go on. Because the other players won't respect your bets there isn't too much you can do to make a profit at this level.

I suggest you try to get staked by someone on this site, and move up to 10/20 or possibly 15/30.

stankphish
06-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Reading posts like these make me realize how far ive come along. Thanks guy you just made my day.

iraise50
06-15-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is SSHE?

[/ QUOTE ]

SSHE is a poker book, "Small Stakes Hold 'Em" by David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth and Ed Miller. It is written expressly for lower limit games. I will be honest and say that if you are not able to exploit rank amatuers at $0.50/$1 then I don't see how youare wining $3/6. I built myself up starting with 1/2 penny moved into 5/10 cent where the difference was drastic, then up to 10/25 cent and $0.50/$1...they are each differnt levels, with total idiots and a few people with an understanding of the game. I think you need to be less critical of others, and to read several poker books, most especially SSHE. Best of luck, and don't forget that being in a bad mindset isn't good for your game either.

Greggcanwin
06-15-2005, 06:15 PM
stankfish, Im glad I made your day.. thanks for your comments einbert > I know its due to all the chasing that goes on in a low limit game....and I know you cant let it affect your play..( though I probably did)that is why I do better at higher limits..not as many chasers..prior to this run of bad luck I was doing well..I dont suffer due to chasers at higher limits so I will wait.. build my bankroll, play there and be patient.Maybe I will see you Paxo! Bill Burton,s low limit book has taught me well..just have to batten down the hatches as he says.. thank you for all comments board kind or unkind.. as long as its what you feel

ianlippert
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
other times i sit 25 - 30 hands and have lousy starting hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all how can you judge a session based on 25-30 hands? I've been beating the low limit games since february (.01/.02 to 1/2). I'm 4 tabling .5/1 at party right now and often times I will be down at 3 tables but way up at one to compensate. For every 3 times my aces get cracked for a loss of 2 big bets, my AK holds up against 3 ppl for a 10BB pot.

I would suggest what others have said, read small stakes hold em by sklansky. It teaches you some fundamental gambling concepts, like EV and pot odds. These are things you need to understand inside and out to beat the low limit games. But once you know this, the low limit games are like taking candy from a baby. Theres very little "play" that you need to worry about at these stakes.

dozer
06-15-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Low limit hold'em is pretty much unbeatable due to the huge amounts of chasing that go on. Because the other players won't respect your bets there isn't too much you can do to make a profit at this level.

I suggest you try to get staked by someone on this site, and move up to 10/20 or possibly 15/30. (SW)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

SoftcoreRevolt
06-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Ahahahahahahahahah.

I retract my POTD nomination in the Hellmuth thread and hereby give it to you.