PDA

View Full Version : Rich Belsky

Alexthegreat
06-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Is this guy a joke?? Did Barry Shulman lose a bet??
If someone pushed him into that pool he stands next to during his daily recaps, would anyone mind??

Does anyone else wonder about this guy??

grass
06-15-2005, 07:15 AM
who's rich belsky?

Alexthegreat
06-15-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who's rich belsky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the daily updates on Cardplayer.com

If you haven't seen this man, you need to check him out.

It's priceless

NCAces
06-15-2005, 09:31 AM
I'll be the contrarian here ... I am enjoying his videos. So what if he asks some dumb questions and sucks up to some of the pros. He is getting interviews to share with us ... for free ... from most of the top players. Where else are you going to get that type of coverage (the videos with Matusow, Hellmuth, Greenstein and Negreanu have been very enjoyable)? How well do you think you could do the job, seeing as you want to criticize him? If you can do so much better, where are your videos? You are just another 2+2er in the WPT forum thinking you are cool because you can dump on someone else who is rolling up his sleeves and giving something a good try.

NCAces

Alexthegreat
06-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Post deleted by Dynasty

Punker
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
What exactly do you want him to ask? He's talking to poker players about poker..his reports are no worse than any average sports reporter asking "so how was the game today?" Doing post game interviews is not the place for in depth questioning (and even at that, he has posted some good interviews such as the Negreanu and Greenstein interviews).

Some of the interviews have been quite good as well. At least he realizes that he's the interviewed and just shuts up and lets the interviewee talk.

I don't wonder about him. I wonder about you.

Alexthegreat
06-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Post deleted by Dynasty

MDBLakers
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this guy a joke?? Did Barry Shulman lose a bet??
If someone pushed him into that pool he stands next to during his daily recaps, would anyone mind??

Does anyone else wonder about this guy??

[/ QUOTE ]

Richard Belsky is by far better than that other guy named Matt who fills in for him sometimes. Video clips Massage Part 1 & 2 and Havana Honey's were terrible. Unprofessional and he didn't ask good questions. I enjoyed Rich's interviews with Daniel and Barry on the heads up matches. He asks the right questions on what the public wants to know and what we are interested in. He even got "PokerLoser" in an interview to talk about his bet with Daniel. Very entertaining.

Full Contact Poker (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=12914&highlight=)

NCAces
06-15-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what if he asks some dumb questions and sucks up to some of the pros

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, seeing as he is a reporter, these are not little details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, seeing how I doubt he is a real reporter ... just some guy working for an online magazine ... he is doing just fine. It isn't like he is some ESPN reporter.

See, instead of trying to rip the guy apart, I am glad that CardPlayer decided to do this, even if it isn't as professional as you would obviously do it /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I can't be in LV until late next week, so it gives me a chance to keep abreast of what is happening in a way that we've not had before. You choose to nit pick ... I think the guy is doing a passable job and grateful for the *free* info.

I recognize the WPT forum is not the most serious of forums. And I am having fun ... replying to you tearing someone down because you think that makes you cool. Like I said before, let me see your video to see how good you are.

NCAces

Punker
06-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Glad to have you joining our club. Would you like your taped glasses and pocket protector?

Hold'me
06-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I think he's doing a great job regardless of all the sucking-up and such. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NCAces
06-15-2005, 05:20 PM
And, while we don't have a secret handshake, we can identify each other by muttering "JOPKE" or "SUP BRO" under our breathes ... not as cool as a hand shake, but it works for us nerds.

NCAces

Willy
06-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Frankly I have been enjoying his clips and thank Card Player for bringing them to us.
What I do wonder about is why you are so negative.