PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

[censored]
06-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Just got back from seeing Batman Begins. This movie was awesome, by far and I mean by far the best Batman movie ever. The movie stayed very close to the feel of The Dark Knight comics. This was one of the best movies I have seen in quite some time and probably the best comic book movie.

I really hope the writer and director continue the saga.

Fans of Batman, see this movie.

toss
06-15-2005, 06:41 AM
Cool, I have one question. Do the graphics get sorta cartoony like Spiderman?

scrub
06-15-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from seeing Batman Begins. This movie was awesome, by far and I mean by far the best Batman movie ever. The movie stayed very close to the feel of The Dark Knight comics. This was one of the best movies I have seen in quite some time and probably the best comic book movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw the midnight showing with Evan and Catch Of The Day. Crazed Berkeley moviegoers cheered wildly at inexplicable moments during the movie: "Hey, it's the first time he's swung through the air YEAHHHHHH!!!!!! .....Hey, it's the first time he's swung through the air while carrying someone... YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!! ....Hey..."

It was uneven, but better than all non-Burton Batmans.

The action sequences were incoherent--the usual strobe-light editing of extremely close shots. The pre-Gotham section was particularly bad.

The Scarecrow was perfectly executed.

Christian Bale looks like a mad-scientist decided to fuse Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise. Unsettling.

I'm not sure that I buy Alfie as Alfred.

The movie suffered from a severe shortage of little Joey Potter.

scrub

AEKDBet
06-15-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool, I have one question. Do the graphics get sorta cartoony like Spiderman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative.

LALDAAS
06-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I am going to see it on the IMAX on saturday

howzit
06-15-2005, 12:52 PM
i'm going to steal this idea.

jnalpak
06-15-2005, 12:56 PM
What about Katie Holmes? Do you get to see nuddie's as the sample given in THE GIFT???

pshreck
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
It was good, but surprisingly Liam Neeson doesn't do villain very well at all. We are sympathizing with him for most of the movie, and never really fear/hate him (at least I didn't).

Cillian Murphy though was amazing as scarecrow.

Bale is probably the best batman yet. Not to say Keaton sucked, but he was a little too typecast as a softy/comedic guy to ever fit the dark role of Bruce Wayne well. Kilmer and Clooney were laughable.

istewart
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Batman Returns was clearly the pwn.

davelin
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was good, but surprisingly Liam Neeson doesn't do villain very well at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope this isn't a spoiler...isn't he a good guy in the movie?

Pocket Trips
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
I am gonna wait till next weekend to see it... Will be in AC and it is playing in the IMAX theater at the trop

pshreck
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was good, but surprisingly Liam Neeson doesn't do villain very well at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope this isn't a spoiler...isn't he a good guy in the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's whatever you want him to be?

gamblore99
06-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Wow. This movie is ridiculously good. Way better than any other batman movie, and better than almost any other regular movie.

holeplug
06-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I was surprised just how good this movie turned out to be. There was almost nothing in it that I hated. Bale was very good the entire movie and the acting as a whole was very good as well.

I thought the fight scenes were pretty good. It looked like they tried to put the viewer in the place of the person getting beat up. It sorta mirros the confustion the people were feeling.

And I hope the tumbler stays. Great car.

Reef
06-16-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. This movie is ridiculously good. Way better than any other batman movie, and better than almost any other regular movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

are the reviews so biased b/c the other batmans sucked so badly?

imported_CaseClosed326
06-16-2005, 03:00 AM
I thought it was pretty good. I was assuming that Bale would suck it up though. Better than I thought it would be, I don't know if that means it was good, it did beat my expectations though.

ChoicestHops
06-16-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about Katie Holmes? Do you get to see nuddie's as the sample given in THE GIFT???

[/ QUOTE ]

Or do we get to see her break out with her cold sores?

Rottentomatoes has this at 82%, Im going to see it soon.

wacki
06-16-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or do we get to see her break out with her cold sores?

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChoicestHops
06-16-2005, 03:10 AM
I dont know if it's herpes or not, but it's still pretty gross. I hope this picture works.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/107316.jpg

wacki
06-16-2005, 03:13 AM
just curious, how old are you?

ChoicestHops
06-16-2005, 03:15 AM
20, why?

diddle
06-16-2005, 04:04 AM
sweet [censored] movie

KaneKungFu123
06-16-2005, 04:29 AM
all comic movies ive ever seen were unwatchable. absolutely horible, and i am sure this movie will follow in order.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Popinjay
06-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Saw this movie tonight and loved it. Anyone else see a lot of philosophy in there? Some Nietzsche perhaps? Probably other guys too that I haven't read yet...

bort411
06-16-2005, 05:29 AM
Saw this tonight and thought it sucked in pretty much every way imaginable. I will preface this by stating that I have never read any comic book in my life, and my only knowledge of Batman comes from the 5 previous films, and the campy 60's TV show.

The action sequences were cluttery, dark, and difficult to follow. Most of the shots had twelve guys fighting in a close zoom, and it was unclear which was actually Batman or what he was doing to win the fight.

The writing was terribly weak. Two moments that especially stood out: 1. Alfred expanding on the ridiculously overdone Wayne family legacy, explaining how they actually were conductors on the underground railroad (despite the fact that Gotham is mentioned as being on an island...why would the underground railroad briefly leave the mainland?) in addition to their other numerous charitable works. 2. When Batman and Gary Oldman meet toward the end of the film, and explain to each other very clearly and elaborately what exactly is happening, so that the audience understands what is going on and doesn't realize that this plot is needlessly confusing and elaborate.

The villians suck; a pseudo terrorist and the Scarecrow, who as far as I can tell is the 8th best Batman villian and who doesn't seem to have any special abilities.

When did Batman become schooled in the ways of Ninjas/Samauris? Why? There was a lot of East-Asian culture/philosophy erraticly interjected throughout the film, with no coherent themes.

The whole Batman borrowing/stealing/buying his equipment thing didn't work for me. What made Batman cool was the impression that he spent all of his free time developing these crazy gadgets; here he does nothing special for his equipment.

The ending of this movie sucked hardcore balls. Why would they tie it to the first Burton movie, when everything about it was different, especially the death of Wayne's parents? Are they trying to remind me how awesome Jack Nicholson was as the actual murderer of Wayne's parents, even though he really didn't? Or are they actually going to hire another actor in a future film to butcher the Joker?

I suppose what bothered me most was inferiority. Michael Keaton was simply fantastic in his two films. People overlook this. Bale is an excellent actor, but I preferred Keaton (I think Bale's "Batman" husky voice was a tadd overdone and irritating). The action sequences ruined this film for me, with Tim Burton doing a much better job showing what Batman was actually fighting and how. The Elfman score, accompanied by the Prince originals, was awesome in Burton's first film, and pisses all over the score of this film. Nicholson, DeVito, and Walken were all brilliant compared to the scrubs in this movie. Was I supposed to fear the maniacal capabilities of the Scarecrowe? To me, he was just a tweaker with a hose up his sleeve.

I apologize for the length of this, but this film really bothered me. People were actually clapping at the end of it and I just couldn't believe my ears.

fsuplayer
06-16-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The action sequences were cluttery, dark, and difficult to follow. Most of the shots had twelve guys fighting in a close zoom, and it was unclear which was actually Batman or what he was doing to win the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
(I think Bale's "Batman" husky voice was a tadd overdone and irritating).

[/ QUOTE ]

ArchAngel71857
06-16-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are they trying to remind me how awesome Jack Nicholson was as the actual murderer of Wayne's parents, even though he really didn't? Or are they actually going to hire another actor in a future film to butcher the Joker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this movie correctly identifies the killer of Wayne's parents. It has changed a lot over the years, but it's traditionally been JOe Chill, not the Joker as in Burton's film.

This movie was awesome, except for the part where Christian Bale talked in a raspy voice as Batman. That was dumb.

-AA

jakethebake
06-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Great movie. I'm not aure why anyone was bothered by Batman's voice. I didn't even notice that. My only negative would be the fight choreography. The director seemed to not really know how to choreograph a fight scene so instead he just made everything move really fast from a zillion angles so you couldn't really see anything.

ThaSaltCracka
06-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I liked this movie a lot. My only problem was that there wasn't really a cool villian like in the other films. Overall, I liked the darkness of the film. It seemed less cartoony then the previous films. I also thought Caine and Freeman were great in the film. Bale was a great Batman as well. I think he was better than Keaton, but only by a hair. I hope they make some more films with this director and ensemble cast. Although, Katie Holms sorta sucked in the film. She was basically a cute face. Also, I saw nipples sticking through a shirt.

stabn
06-19-2005, 03:46 PM
It was hard to buy her as someone who had graduated from law school and had already become an ADA. Other than her i also thought the movie was great.

SmileyEH
06-19-2005, 03:47 PM
The three comic book movies I've really liked were the spidermans and batman begins. In all of them I hated the female characters - I don't get anything out of seeing a pretty face when I want some cool fight scenes and over the top drama. Katie Holmes was definitely the worst part of the movie.

-SmileyEH

ThaSaltCracka
06-19-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was hard to buy her as someone who had graduated from law school and had already become an ADA. Other than her i also thought the movie was great.

[/ QUOTE ]FWIW, I liked this movie a million times more than Spidy 2.

tbach24
06-19-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]FWIW, I liked this movie a million times more than Spidy 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spidy 2 is the most overrated comic movie ever.

ThaSaltCracka
06-19-2005, 03:54 PM
yes it is. In fact, I thought the second one sucked ass.

billyjex
06-19-2005, 03:57 PM
cool movie. i agree w/ jake about the fight scenes, i hate when they make them like that, and katie holmes is a horrible actor. otherwise, thumbs up.

Sponger15SB
06-19-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are the reviews so biased b/c the other batmans sucked so badly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill out

http://www.moviejuice.com/1997/images/MR_FREEZE.jpg

most of the other batman movies ruled

ThaSaltCracka
06-19-2005, 04:03 PM
^^^^^^ worst one of all.

Blarg
06-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Good review.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That part weas disappointing to read, but lousy fight scenes are still the accepted norm in American movies after all these years, so even though they disappointment me ever time, I've come to expect nothing better than a talentless rendering whenever I see a fight scene. Such a shame that there's no real ambition to them.

stabn
06-19-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
^^^^^^ worst one of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.

geormiet
06-19-2005, 04:26 PM
I thought that this was a decent movie, but everything you said in this review rings true for me. Michael Keaton still the best batman!

Jules22
06-19-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
^^^^^^ worst one of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

word, that one sucked BALLS

TimTimSalabim
06-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Excellent review. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this movie was a steaming pile. The action sequences were so dark and dragged on so much that I literally almost fell asleep.

jkkkk
06-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Am I the only one that didn't really like this movie much because how the story / villains were executed..

I am no Batman buff but from everything I've seen the villains are always zany and crazy, in this film their personalities are too.. detailed I guess, you can almost sympathise with the causes they aspire to..

Where as in the other Batmans they are just plain nuts.

The fight scenes and the characters in them also felt too close to what you would expect in this world rather than Batmans world, a world of crazy ass punks.

Dynasty
06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
For a big budget film, Batman Begins had a dissapointing opening week (Wednesday-Sunday) by grosing "only" $72.9 million. It was expected to do a lot more.

Considering some big films are coming out in the next couple weekends, I think the film may not stay in theatres long. Almost everything I've heard about it has been good, so I think I'm heading to the theatre soon before it disappears.

TimTimSalabim
06-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Disappointing boxoffice for a disappointing film. I suppose if you go into it with low expectations, you might enjoy it.

ononimo
06-20-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that didn't really like this movie much because how the story / villains were executed..

I am no Batman buff but from everything I've seen the villains are always zany and crazy, in this film their personalities are too.. detailed I guess, you can almost sympathise with the causes they aspire to..

Where as in the other Batmans they are just plain nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is so much easier in black & white ... why do people even bother with shades of grey? Thinking sucks.

brettbrettr
06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Not better than the first, but very good. 2 things I didn't like:

1. Bale's Batman voice
2. The car

And, if you must know, doing a sequel with the Joker as the villan is a mistake IMO. Jack was fantastic in that movie. If they get Prince to do the soundtrack again, it might have a shot.

ononimo
06-21-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And, if you must know, doing a sequel with the Joker as the villan is a mistake IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think it's possible to have a renew a Batman franchise without featuring The Joker, Batman's all-time archenemy, in at least one movie? Both purists as well as casual fans would never let the studio live it down if they completely ignored The Joker.

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2005, 12:53 AM
I think they will skip it. Scarecrow can be a good villan in another movie. Plus, based of the cartoon show, there are plenty of suitable villans, like Two-Faced and the Croc Man(or whatever his name is). I know I am missing more.

Willluck
06-21-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot better than the first, very good. 1 thing I didn't like:

1. Bale's Batman voice

His car was sweet though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

ononimo
06-21-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Bale's Batman voice

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Thirded".
Prior to seeing the movie, I cringed at the sight of photos of the new car as it clearly lacks the sleekness of prior Batmobiles. However, once I saw how they used it in the movie, I'm sold. Kudos to the screenwriters/director for having the guts to deviate from the expected.

The Ocho
06-21-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they will skip it. Scarecrow can be a good villan in another movie. Plus, based of the cartoon show, there are plenty of suitable villans, like Two-Faced and the Croc Man(or whatever his name is). I know I am missing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-face already used. Tommy Lee Jones.

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2005, 01:27 AM
damn!

wacki
06-21-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent review. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this movie was a steaming pile. The action sequences were so dark and dragged on so much that I literally almost fell asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the critics loved it. And judging from your avatar I'll probably like it too.

I wonder if this is going to be the next movie to highly polarize it's audience.

83% on rottentomatoes.com

jakethebake
06-21-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Bale's Batman voice

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Thirded".

[/ QUOTE ]

Fourthed.

Cancuk
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should never be allowed to state your movie opinion again...
Best batman ever? please....best comic movie ever? WOW

thatpfunk
06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
This thread is a great example of how whiny and complaint-filled oot is now.

Alobar
06-23-2005, 02:46 AM
I just saw this movie tonight, and it was pretty [censored] good. I've never been a fan of the batman movies, cuz they pretty much have sucked. This one however I will buy when it comes out on DVD.

Also, Im pretty impressed with christian bale (batman) How he can go from "the machinist" where he was so skinny im shocked medically they let him do that. To being pretty built for batman, all in like less than a year, thats pretty badass.

lastsamurai
06-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah i think they timed the release date wrong.

jmrogers7
06-24-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My only problem was that there wasn't really a cool villian like in the other films.

[/ QUOTE ]

The focus of this film was the genesis of Batman. Having a flashy villain would detract from the purpose of the movie. Personally, I think it was brilliantly done.

samjjones
06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which BATMAN movie was better? The 1966 version with Adam West? Because it sure as hell wasn't the 1989 Tim Burton one...

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which BATMAN movie was better? The 1966 version with Adam West? Because it sure as hell wasn't the 1989 Tim Burton one...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. I'm with the op on this one. I also liked Batman w/o "cool" (read really silly) villains.

yoadrians
06-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Great movie.

That is all I have to say about that.

Blarg
06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
The movie with Adam West was gut bustingly funny. So many good things.

Alobar
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

none of them were intentional tho, heh

Pocket Trips
06-24-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
explaining how they actually were conductors on the underground railroad (despite the fact that Gotham is mentioned as being on an island...why would the underground railroad briefly leave the mainland?)

[/ QUOTE ]

PLease tell me this is a joke...You do realize what the underground railroad was right?

Here's a hint it didn't necessaraly involve a railroad.

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
explaining how they actually were conductors on the underground railroad (despite the fact that Gotham is mentioned as being on an island...why would the underground railroad briefly leave the mainland?)

[/ QUOTE ]

PLease tell me this is a joke...You do realize what the underground railroad was right? Here's a hint it didn't necessaraly involve a railroad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. How did no one else see that? This mught be a condidate for that dumbest thing ever said post.

wacki
06-24-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PLease tell me this is a joke...You do realize what the underground railroad was right? Here's a hint it didn't necessaraly involve a railroad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. How did no one else see that? This mught be a condidate for that dumbest thing ever said post.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Jake, conductor was a legit term when used in that sense. They were semantically and historically correct.

A quick google search will prove that.

http://americancivilwar.com/women/harriet_tubman.html

Pocket Trips
06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
The fact is that the OP still thought it was an actual railroad. Otherwise why would you mention leaving the mainland??

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
No Jake, conductor was a legit term when used in that sense. They were semantically and historically correct.

A quick google search will prove that.

http://americancivilwar.com/women/harriet_tubman.html

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't really the point. The way it read, it did sound like he was talking about an actual railroad. But I guess he didn't really say that.

wacki
[ QUOTE ]
(despite the fact that Gotham is mentioned as being on an island...why would the underground railroad briefly leave the mainland?) in

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? The real life undergroud railroad went by Long Island NY. Also, many islands were used in the great lakes region.

JoshuaD
I came into this movie expecting a ton and the movie delivered.

I was upset that the entirety of Batman's training came from Raz-al-Ghul and that he wasn't making his own gadgets, but otherwise the movie delivered on all fronts.

This movie did the RIGHT thing with batman by making his villian's fully detailed characters. That's the thing with batman, his guys are nuts and smart. In the comics, no one else can handle these guys because they're such sociopaths. Batman's villians shouldn't be cardboard cutout flashy super power villians like the flash has, they should be what Raz-Al-Ghul was this movie.

They did the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents perfectly. Christian Bale understood batman better than anyone else who previously portrayed him. He understood that Bruce Wayne was the mask required to protect his true identity as batman. The movie writers get credit here too -- The scene where Bruce is "drunk" and kicks all his guests out was perfect.

The visualizations of the scarecrow fear toxin's was perfect. When I saw the trailer I thought "A fire breathing horse, DUMB", but it was /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Particularly the part where the Mob Boss looked at batman and saw that vile creature.

I didn't particularly like Lucius Fox knowing Bruce is Batman, but it really didn't bother me like I expected it to.

Seeing the Joker card at the end of the movie made me nearly cream my pants. About half way through I started thinking about how they were going to get around to the joker. I was hoping they would cover his creation, and I bet they do.

Anyway, I came into this movie with impossible standards, and I walked out smiling. I've been a Batman fan all my life, and this is the first movie I really enjoyed.

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(despite the fact that Gotham is mentioned as being on an island...why would the underground railroad briefly leave the mainland?) in

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? The real life undergroud railroad went by Long Island NY. Also, many islands were used in the great lakes region.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you get the point?

wacki
06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now you get the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are reading too much into things.

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now you get the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are reading too much into things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right, but you said the same thing we thought.

Blarg
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

none of them were intentional tho, heh

[/ QUOTE ]

They were all intentional. Do you remember seeing it? One of my favorite parts was where Batman was running around with a giant cartoon-type black bomb, you know the round ones with the white fuse sticking out, and everywhere he turned to dump it was some even more cute thing he couldn't throw it in the direction of, all the while the fuse was burning. He bumps into I think cub scouts, nuns, finally even a squad of ducklings and the idiot won't save his life because he doesn't want to hurt the ducks. "Some days," he says, "you just can't get rid of a bomb!" Boy, I think we've all had that problem eh? Practically a documentary. /images/graemlins/wink.gif There were so many things that were so over the top in that thing. I was in pain laughing at that movie. I think if I had been smoking a joint when I saw it, I might have never come back.

astroglide
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
i've seen a lot of movies this year, and so far i think batman begins is the best. i might have forgotten some great one early in the year, but i don't think so.

Phoenix1010
06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've seen a lot of movies this year, and so far i think batman begins is the best. i might have forgotten some great one early in the year, but i don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cinderella Man, the Phantom of the Opera, Crash. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion, but I wouldn't put Batman above these at least.

JoshuaD basically said everything I was thinking, except that I was a bit more ticked off about Batman not training under Raz and not making his own gadgets. I thought it was a good movie, although the actions scenes were a fairly large disappointment.

astroglide
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
i doubt i'll ever see phantom of the opera. crash looked kinda interesting but not compelling enough to see in-theater. i did like batman begins better than cinderella man.

TimTimSalabim
06-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Funny, everyone was raving on here not long ago about how Sin City was the best movie ever, and now it's all but forgotten. I guess Batman is the new Flavor of the Month.

davelin
06-24-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, everyone was raving on here not long ago about how Sin City was the best movie ever, and now it's all but forgotten. I guess Batman is the new Flavor of the Month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll jump on the Fantastic Four bandwagon early.

Blarg
06-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Jessica Alba is bigger than Jesus in this forum. Anything about her or any movie with her in it is going to get hyped up bigger than the second coming of Christ.

astroglide
06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
i forgot about sin city. i did enjoy that movie a lot, but i don't think it has much staying power in terms of rewatchability. i would love to see it one more time.

Frills
06-24-2005, 05:39 PM
This series of Batman movies has absolutely nothing to do with the previous ones.

Its a whole new trilogy

[censored]
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This series of Batman movies has absolutely nothing to do with the previous ones.

Its a whole new trilogy

[/ QUOTE ]

whoah what? trilogy? are you serious? do you have link? that would be totally tubular!

astroglide
06-24-2005, 05:49 PM
i believe the trilogy is 'optioned' with bale and rough ideas for the sequels have been considered, but it's unknown if the movies will get made, and if chris nolan will direct them

Ulysses
06-27-2005, 02:20 AM
I got around to seeing Batman tonight and thought it was pretty damn good. I did agree with a lot of the criticisms in the long post somewhere in the middle of this thread, though.

bort411
06-27-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is that the OP still thought it was an actual railroad. Otherwise why would you mention leaving the mainland??

[/ QUOTE ]

In my defense:

I mentioned leaving the mainland because in the trip from the Confederate United States to Canada, presumably, there would be no reason to depart, then re-enter, the continental United States. It would be an unnecessary and impractical side-route. My point was that if they were going to needlessly interject this tidbit about the Underground Railroad into the film, they could have explained why it would depart the mainland when passing nearby Gotham.