PDA

View Full Version : Weeeeeeeeee

scotty34
06-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

einbert
06-15-2005, 05:20 AM
Check the turn, rest is standard.

scotty34
06-15-2005, 05:34 AM
With a flush draw, double gutshot and 5 players who were willing to cap the flop?

aK13
06-15-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn, rest is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting the turn is a +EV move, but I'm not sure of the actual calculations.

BB's bet is also quite disturbing -- I don't know if I'd have the balls to raise there.

Also, why .5/1?

scotty34
06-15-2005, 05:44 AM
I cashed most of my roll out of Empire and put some into my bank, and about $1000 into Absolute to play the shorthanded games there. I left about $400 in Empire to play in 2+2 games and .5/1 whenever I was bored and felt like it. After playing a while on Absolute, I realized I miss GT+, and figured I would see how long it took me to build my $400 into $600 to play 1/2 6-max. My current plan is to be playing some Absolute 2/4 and some .5/1 at Empire. Also, I only played about 5K .5/1 hands ever, and I was curious to see what my winrate is at that level.

In short, I'm not in desperate need of money, and I like to have some stress-free poker playing too.

einbert
06-15-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With a flush draw, double gutshot and 5 players who were willing to cap the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your three and seven outs aren't totally clean (spades and 9T), and you could be drawing to the idiot end of the flush (not that often but maybe 1/5 of the time or so and that really affects your equity a lot here).
But just assuming all 15 outs are good, you still need three people to call for this bet to be +EV, and you could easily be getting checkraised here (so you need more than three people to call on average, to account for the times you get checkraised and don't get three others to stick around). Plus you are just soo close to getting a free card and are more likely to be bet into on the river when you hit if you check the turn.

aK13
06-15-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I cashed most of my roll out of Empire and put some into my bank, and about $1000 into Absolute to play the shorthanded games there. I left about $400 in Empire to play in 2+2 games and .5/1 whenever I was bored and felt like it. After playing a while on Absolute, I realized I miss GT+, and figured I would see how long it took me to build my $400 into $600 to play 1/2 6-max. My current plan is to be playing some Absolute 2/4 and some .5/1 at Empire. Also, I only played about 5K .5/1 hands ever, and I was curious to see what my winrate is at that level.

In short, I'm not in desperate need of money, and I like to have some stress-free poker playing too.

[/ QUOTE ]

=) I just stepped down from 2/4 full ring to .5/1 at party -- as much as I think in terms of big bets, the fact that I drop a $60 pot to a bad beat still bothers me, whereas at .5/1 $12 pot doesn't bug me nearly as much. Funny -- I also withdrew all my money from party and deposited $1000 into absolute -- learning 1/2 6 max there -- been running good for the first couple hundred hands I've played (15BB/100 =D) seems like players there like to bluff-raise turns/rivers with T high.

Duerig
06-15-2005, 07:55 AM
I play it exactly the same (assuming I notice the double gut on the turn)