PDA

View Full Version : KQo UTG - Level 4

DasLeben
06-15-2005, 05:00 AM
MP has been making some loose calls, but the rest of the table has been fairly tight. Oh, I'm adding a poll because that's the new "thing." $10+1.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t3275)
Button (t1730)
SB (t1660)
BB (t550)
Hero (t785)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero ??

DasLeben
06-15-2005, 06:00 AM
Man, is this one really that easy to you guys? Note that MP has been playing loosely.

Sabrazack
06-15-2005, 06:03 AM
Yeah, 8xBB and KQ. Its as good as it gets, almost..

DasLeben
06-15-2005, 06:51 AM
I see there are two people that voted for fold. Anyone want to speak up on that point?

Honestly, I wouldn't have posted this if it was clear cut...

ChipLeader
06-15-2005, 07:34 AM
This is another spot in my SnG play where i dont feel confident i do the right thing, im hopin this post gets some feedback.

What ive done in the past was limp and hope to see a flop, i can afford to fold it with only 100 invested, whether its bet up preflop or on flop. With any raise im gonna be clenchin my teeth if i get reraised preflop or miss the flop completely and have to figure out whether or not to bluff my stack. Thats why i call, but i dunno if its right.

I dont like pushing cause youre risking 785 for 150 where youll only be called when dominated or 50/50 at best.

I dont like raising, but if i did itd be 235 and praying for a steal. KQo is a rough flop hand to play when you miss.

DasLeben
06-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Damn, I forgot to add a "limp" option. Oh well, too late now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the response though.

pearljam
06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
I am VERY surprised that this seems like a clear push to everybody, wow I must be worse at this then I thought, as I fold this all the time especially at a table with a loose player.

pergesu
06-15-2005, 07:40 AM
How do you limp with < 8BB (~5 M)

Big Limpin'
06-15-2005, 07:46 AM
For all the trashing that is assigned to KQ, its still a pretty damn good hand. What makes it so is that when you are called, and are behind, its usually only a 40/60. Especially @ 10+1, <AJ is a "prime calling hand".

You have 7BB. If AK/AQ was dealt out this hand, so be it.

zambonidrivr
06-15-2005, 08:23 AM
i fold this instantly. i would rather push any ace than this garbage. u have chips and will have a better shot at it.

45suited
06-15-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i fold this instantly. i would rather push any ace than this garbage. u have chips and will have a better shot at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather push KQ than "any ace" here. With KQ, I don't really mind a call from AJ or lower since I need to double up. MP being loose also isn't the worst thing in the world. If he calls me with a worse hand or ace-junk, that's really okay too, since I would like to double up. Now, if MP is really loose, pushing "any ace" could be very dicey - your A3 is likely to get called by his A8. I push this one every time here.

the shadow
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I voted fold.

That the MP has been making loose calls is, IMHO, a reason to fold with this hand.

Add to that that the BB is shortstacked and may be more likely to make a last stand if he can 3x up.

The Shadow (who's trying to develop a little more patience in his game)

kyro
06-15-2005, 09:41 AM
As always, how many hands til the blinds go up is a very important factor that has been omitted.

That being said. You don't exactly have much time to wait. KQ is not a "garbage" hand contrary to what people may think. It's 5-handed. The chance that you're going to be dominated is slim. If MP makes some loose calls, great, maybe I'll get a chance to double up when he calls with his KT. This IS pretty clearcut to me, but will be grateful to anyone who proves me wrong.

ChipLeader
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you limp with < 8BB (~5 M)

[/ QUOTE ]

As i recall he was right about 8 BB, he would be limping one. If he gets raised preflop he can still push the hand if he wants to, he never loses that option. Limping allows him to see a flop cheap and 7 BBs isnt desperately short. he said his table was loose, not aggressive, so theres a good chance the limp will let him see three cards for 100 chips, a lot better IMO than 5 cards for 800.

Though i do see the value in pushing, i cant see the value in folding after reading some of these posts. Youre more often dominated with a bad ace then with a KQ; also its best to push now before he loses the BB because people will be less inclined to call while he stills has about 800.

the_joker
06-15-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this all the time especially at a table with a loose player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Seems like a loose player will call you with worse hands, so this would be great.