PDA

View Full Version : Am I playing too tight?

henrikrh
06-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Ok, I don't have any tracker stats, sorry. But here's my basic strategy for starting hands where I think I may play too tight...

In early or middle posistion I only raise with AK AQ AA-TT and I limp in with AJ 99-66, and maybe if i know i wont be raised 55-22 AT and KQs

On the button or one off the button with alot of folds infront and no raises I will play A5 and better and KQ, small blind with no raises to me and confident BB won't raise cause the game is passive i'll limp in with any paint suited or any ace.

I've been on a bad downswing and I'm questioning my play, I been getting beaten by a river flush roughly 50% when I hit somehting on the flop. Should I loosen up or tighten up in games where 50-60% are seeing the flop?

einbert
06-15-2005, 04:44 AM
You're playing too tight.

You should be playing suited connectors constantly in LP in unraised, multiway pots in these games.

aK13
06-15-2005, 04:49 AM
Way too tight. Preflop play is something you should have down before you discuss hands on the forum (due to the clogging of the micros by pretty simple posts). Here's a good sample of what most of the posters here are playing.

Click me! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=2591190&Forum =,All_Forums,&Words=get%20involved&Searchpage=1&Li mit=25&Main=2591190&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name =20525&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=&olderval= &oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2591190)

henrikrh
06-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks, i came from Nl tourney homegames, so my plays a bit wonky. On the first day i turned $20 into $80 with this play, which was positive reinforcement to the bad behaviour, so it continued... thanks a bunch for the help