PDA

View Full Version : Still folding too much in the BB

CostaRicaBill
06-15-2005, 03:32 AM
This is my second shot at 5/106max and while I've only played 3k hands, it seems as if I'm still folding my BB to steals too often. From what many people have said, this is a major leak in the short game. Right now my Folded BB to steal is at 60% and folded heads up is at 56%. It feels like I'm defending with everything but utter trash and I'm hoping that this is just the result of small sample size and will come down after more hands. Does this statistic converge fairly quickly?

Anyway, after filtering hands which I've folded to steals, the only culprits I found which I could possibly have defended with were A3o, K5s, K4o, 98o, 63s. Should I be adding hands like these in as well? Thanks

wrto4556
06-15-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A3o, K5s, K4o, 98o, 63s. Should I be adding hands like these in as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I remember one poster saying he will defend with any two suited. I don't play good enough postflop so Im not calling with 94s, but you can defend with alot.

sethypooh21
06-15-2005, 03:45 AM
I doubt this is a major leak, especially when compared with over-defending if your podt flop play is not up to snuff.

CostaRicaBill
06-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Is defending with any 2 suited standard?

mperich
06-15-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt this is a major leak, especially when compared with over-defending if your podt flop play is not up to snuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrto4556
06-15-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. Mad postflop skills needed.

MecosKing
06-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Meh. I think the answer is that 'it depends'

If the raise came from UTG or MP, then id say that your standards for defending should be tightened down. If the raise came from the CO or the button, when it was folded to them, and the SB mucks it and you are headsup, i think you can defend with a lot of crap.

After all, you are getting 3:1 on your call there, and yeah, your not in position, but if youve got a random holding like an 89o, youd have to be facing a pretty big hand or else be dominated to be a 3:1 dog.

I dont know about defending with any 2 suited, but i think something like any two suited that are two gappers or less, if they are at least better than 58, a Kxs or Qxs if the x is better than 8, plus any ace better than A4, any paint, and any two offsuit cards 9 or better, and maybe 89o too. (Off the top of my head, random requirements)

Obviously this is just a bunch of very broad and random requirements, but they are pretty reasonable to play against CO and button raises, esp. aggressive button raisers. you cant let those guys keep running you over because if you keep on folding when your hand sucks, and agains folding when your decent hands miss, they will win more in the long run most likely.

aK13
06-15-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A3o, K5s, K4o, 98o, 63s. Should I be adding hands like these in as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I remember one poster saying he will defend with any two suited. I don't play good enough postflop so Im not calling with 94s, but you can defend with alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. Mad postflop skills needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about Peter_Rus.

[ QUOTE ]

What's the lowest you defend with against a CO raiser at PP15?

Suited and unsuited please headsup and if the SB comes along.

Edited to add: Unknown or average CO raiser.

Case 1. Headsup.
Case 2. If SB comes along.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1. 23o,23s
2. K2o,...,T8o, XXs.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: original thread here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=221699 1&Forum=All_Forums&Words=blind%20defen&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Main=2215810&Search=true&where=bodysub& Name=10605&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=&older val=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post2216991)

CostaRicaBill
06-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Well I definately don't have the mad postflop skills necessary to play any two suited yet and the lowest I go is usually:
A4o, K7o, K2s, J7s, 43s, T8o, 76o.

Does this look weak? Should I add any Ax, Kx or Qs?

Jeff W
06-15-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, after filtering hands which I've folded to steals, the only culprits I found which I could possibly have defended with were A3o, K5s, K4o, 98o, 63s. Should I be adding hands like these in as well? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I defend all of those except 63s, but I play in games where the rake is lower than at 5/10. My opponents are more skillful, so that offsets the advantage of lower rake somewhat.

My FBB=49 and FBBHU=33.