PDA

View Full Version : I played a Stars 10+1MTT (ten minute blinds) like a party SNG (*LC*)

Karak567
06-15-2005, 02:31 AM
(haha edit - ok I played it KIND OF like a party SNG, happy bigwig? :-P jk man)

So tonight I took a stab at a Stars 10 + 1 MTT and decided I would adopt the same play style as a Party SNG... since this MTT had 10-minute, fast rising blinds.

I did a LOT of pushing in the CO, button and SB.

I was rarely called, especially around the bubble.

When I was called the hands I was pushing were decent enough to suckout.

I went on to get heads up in the tournament, chop the pot 50/50 and then went on to win anyways. - A cool 2.1 grand thanks to the deal - this will about double ( a little under double) my SNG bankroll, which is really great

The Party "all in moran" strategy really worked very well for me in late position.

At one point my 75 k stack with AQ ran into a 50 k stack with 88 (he min-raised, i came over the top)

88 held and I was down to 25 k, next hand I was in the CO.

I then got good stealing hands the next FOUR hands in a row, a7, k9, QJ and then AK (obviously a great stealing hand) and pushed 4 times in a row.

I nearly doubled up doing that and sprung myself right back up near to where I was before.

I think these "turbo tournaments" could turn out to be very +EV for a talented Party "all in moran" player.

Just my 2 cents (and some bragging at my first big MTT cash)...

-Karak

TheNoodleMan
06-15-2005, 02:37 AM
congrats! Enjoy the moment, there really is nothing like the first time. I know when I had my first four digit cash in a MTT, I felt like I was king of the world.

Bigwig
06-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Nice win.

But playing MTT's like an STT is bad strategy, regardless of the result.

Karak567
06-15-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice win.

But playing MTT's like an STT is bad strategy, regardless of the result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't play it ENTIRELY like an STT. Just on the bubble and in late position with solid stealing hands.

Just lots of pushing, no silly min-raise steals like everyone else does.

Also pulled off a few re-steals.

Bigwig
06-15-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I didn't play it ENTIRELY like an STT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then your whole post is a lie!

Liar!!!

Nice win.

Karak567
06-15-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I didn't play it ENTIRELY like an STT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then your whole post is a lie!

Liar!!!

Nice win.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I put in an edit for a funny, read it, top of my post :-P.

Thanks for the props man.

I've always wanted to do this...

holla!

Bigwig
06-15-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
congrats! Enjoy the moment, there really is nothing like the first time. I know when I had my first four digit cash in a MTT, I felt like I was king of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to IU!

Karak567
06-15-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I somehow didn't see your post!

Thanks for the props from you too, haha, it definitely feels great.

I know 2 grand is pebbles to some guys here, and it isn't like life-changing for me.

But 2 grand in 4 hours? How can I go wrong! :-)