PDA

View Full Version : Best young poker player (old thread?)

Josh W
06-15-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm apparently search/archive inept. I've searched for like an hour, but can't find what I'm looking for.

About 2 years ago, I believe, somebody asked "who's the best poker player under 30?" or something to that effect. Ivey and Danny N were the popular names, but I tossed out the name "Ed Moncada".

I'm looking for this old thread because...

About a week ago, he got about 10th at a WSOP NL event. Tonight, he won the $2000 buyin PL HE event. I was hoping to find this old thread to lend credibility to my "See, I told you so" rant.

Note that I never said that Ed was better than Ivey / Danny...just that he was a name to watch out for...

Josh

Ulysses
06-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Josh called it (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=gossip&Number=416257&Forum =All_Forums&Words=moncada&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ma in=416245&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterang e=1&newerval=2&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post416257)

Ed is a great guy who was grinding it out in the lower limit tables out here when I first started playing poker about three years ago. Today, it looked like he was playing too fast when the first updates came out, but it looks like he caught some cards and played great to come back from short stack to end up a WSOP Bracelet winner and almost $300k richer. Way to go, Ed.

Josh W
06-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks for digging that up, ole'...did you use the search function or go through the archives...i struggled greatly with both. I also struggle to tie shoes, tho...

J

Yeti
06-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Nice call Josh.

Go to the archives and search for 'moncada', posts by Josh W, within the last 2 years.

glen
06-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Aren't we supposed to start calling him now to ask for money. Isn't that standard form when a friend in the poker community wins a big event?

Ulysses
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't we supposed to start calling him now to ask for money. Isn't that standard form when a friend in the poker community wins a big event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke and I have already asked him to wire money so we can celebrate for him in NYC.