PDA

View Full Version : Emboldened by Scuba's post

reecelights
06-15-2005, 12:48 AM
After a series of flame responses to, retrospectively, bad posts on my part...I'm sticking my toe back in the pool.

Comments please:
MP3 Raiser--Loose/Aggressive except for limp CCing KK to river.
Me--Just finished HOH I and have been making more BB calls with Pot Odds and also spent a lot of time reading the Gigabet Q3/Block Model threads.

$20+2 Tourney

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1125)
UTG (t745)
UTG+1 (t790)
MP1 (t1070)
MP2 (t860)
MP3 (t550)
CO (t1275)
Button (t775)
SB (t810)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t50</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t40, Hero calls t35.

Flop: (t150) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t100</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t350) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

wuwei
06-15-2005, 12:54 AM
The converter messed up your action. Fix your post quickly while you can still edit!

reecelights
06-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Thanks...should be right now.

lastchance
06-15-2005, 12:58 AM
I think it's a loose call preflop, and out of position, I don't like it. Just me though, I fold here way too much, but I think standard play is to fold.

On the dry flop, I think betting out t100 before MP3 does makes a bit sense, only 2 opponents in the hand, if they don't have a jack, 3, or PP, you get laydowns.

I don't know if I like the call on the flop. You might not have odds to draw here, I don't know if you're getting paid enough.

bluefeet
06-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Well, I'm a tight bastard, so I'm folding PF this early.

The call on the flop is fine. You've been given odds to call. On a side note - if you had a few hundred more chips, you might consider semi-bluff raising to T300 here. But given the chip count, I don't know that I'd do it here. Not worth risking a third of your chips when he comes over the top.

I'm still check/fold-calling on the turn. If he puts out another T100-150ish, I'd pay to see river.

BUT, I still fold PF /images/graemlins/wink.gif

(welcome back)

wuwei
06-15-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The call on the flop is fine. You've been given odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has? Remember, he's only buying 1 card when he calls out of position for 100 and there's 250 in the pot. Implied odds are very sketchy here because the paired board is scary enough and the flush will be somewhat obvious if it hits. If the villian doesn't have some type of made hand (which is likely based on the read), you aren't getting paid.

I pretty much agree with lastchance's thoughts. I'm betting this flop 75% of the time, unless he's so loose and agro that I don't see him folding the flop ever.

Scuba Chuck
06-15-2005, 01:15 AM
First, don't apply anything from Gigabet's post. Just log it into some file to reread some day when you're playing in the $215s+. You can crush the lower levels with just plain old solid play.

Second, although HOH is a good book, and probably the book that applies the most to SNGs, be cautious applying it, especially to Party's small stack structure.

Third, this is a great hand to fold preflop. Preserve your chips. You're gonna need them.

Fourth, if you plan on calling bets on this flop, with a flush draw, I prefer open betting instead. It's a much better move. You could win the pot right here. And, if called, you disguise your hand better if your flush hits.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba

lastchance
06-15-2005, 01:17 AM
BTW, if you were acting last instead of before MP3, I make that call 100% of the time. Position makes everything easier to play. Position = goodness.

bluefeet
06-15-2005, 01:20 AM
I agree with you. I went from 'fold PF' to him facing the T100 bet (which I would call) -- I completely passed over the opportunity to lead out. Not only does it take the pot on occasion, but will quite often provide for a cheaper turn card.

Thanks for pointing that out.

reecelights
06-15-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First, don't apply anything from Gigabet's post. Just log it into some file to reread some day when you're playing in the $215s+. You can crush the lower levels with just plain old solid play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...kinda figured this one out on my own the hard way. Wasn't actually trying to incorporate anything, but all those ideas were bouncing around in my head on Sunday. Had been having my third best week ever and gave back almost half in one day due to the confusion in trying to get the ideas out of my head and play the solid game I had been playing.

Thank you.

TheNoodleMan
06-15-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this should be a sticky