PDA

View Full Version : Update and Request for More Help with a few hands

CanadianAmy
06-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Thank you again to all of those that offered me advice on how to get things turned around. Sunday and Monday I was able to make over $100 dollars and really start to turn things around.

Today I had a bit of a setback, but only about $15. I was getting very cold cards, but thought that I would also share some hands for comments. I am including the biggest 4 losers for the night to get some feedback. I will also include some comments on each hand as to what I was thinking and my thoughts as to what I may have done wrong.

Hand 1 - A9s - I think that I played this hand pretty well up until the river, I had top pair with medium kicker. On the river things may have fallen apart, I think that facing a call of two bets cold should have scared me off, but I continued on and likely lost 3 dollars more than I should have.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Hand 2 - I think that I played this one correctly, but got beat my a stright (5 to 9) when the river card hit for both him and me.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Hand 3 - Once again I think that I played this well, and the villan on this one had 2 pair, 6s and 8s so he hit runner runner.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Hand 4 - I think that on this one I may have made some mistakes. I was basically calling down with my Qs (but hey you have to support the ladies of the deck /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I lost to Ks on this one, I think that the read was important on making this a potential mistake, the guy was TA (as per PT). Looking back, I wonder if I should have folded the flop?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

P.S. - SSHE will be here tomorrow and I will be studying it for the next few weeks until I know it inside and out. My goal is to first learn the what to do in each situation outlined then go back and learn the why as my experience increases.

Thanks!!!

Amy /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

the_rookie
06-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Hand 1. Raise the flop for value. Fold the river when it's two back to you.

Hand 2. I prefer to raise this hand preflop. The flop raise is marginal, but I don't hate it. I like the check behind on the turn though. River looks good.

Hand 3. Looks standard.

Hand 4. Getting around 7-1 it's alright call this hand preflop. Definitely do not bet this flop. If anything I might peel one off and hope to hit trips or two pair. But the turn is a fold for me.

SSHE will be a great beginning or addition to any poker library.

Aaron W.
06-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Telling you what you're doing wrong isn't going to help you very much.

Go through those hands and explain each of your actions (call, check, raise, fold). Then we can see how well you're really doing.

damaniac
06-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Hand 1: Raise preflop. Raise the flop. Fold that river when it comes back 2 to you, someone may have two pair or KQ for the straight. You are beat.

Hand 2: Raise preflop (most of the time). The rest looks ok I guess, not sure.

Hand 3: Well played, weird turn/river bets.

Hand 4: It's a pretty weak call preflop unless you play very well postflop. You did not. So fold preflop.

General advice:

Don't post bunches of hands, post them individually, and try to include some sort of reads on the players involved if you have any.

Don't post the results of the hands, they bias the commentary.

Winning/losing on a given day means nothing. The best players drop 150+BBs at times, the worst have huge upswings. Don't focus on the day to day results, focus on how you play.

GivenToFly
06-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Some more advice. It's very important to develop reads on your opponents. loose - tight - aggressive - passive? semi-bluffs/bluffs a lot? calls down? etc. Working on this will help you A LOT on your post flop decisions. When posting give your read on your opponents. You might want to try posting one hand and go through it more extensively instead of 4. SSH will help you so much, good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif