PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Mitre....

Cubswin
06-14-2005, 10:44 PM
... welcome to the cubs rotation /images/graemlins/smile.gif He followed up his 7 scoreless inning performance last week with a CG shutout tonight. Nothing like throwing a complete game on 99 pitches (73 strikes).

Oh... and DLee raised his BA up to .386 with his 4-5 night. Did i mention he once again sits atop the NL in all triple crown categories? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now... when are the aces coming back????

cubswin cubswin

Vince Young
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
They've got nowhere to put Prior when he gets back. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not a bad problem to have.

Mr. Zero
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm starting to like this team. Don't forget about A-Ram getting hot. Bullpen roles are now solidified. Holly is getting his swing back. Wood and Prior should be back around the All-Star break.

Maddux-Burnett will be a good one tomorrow.

tbach24
06-14-2005, 10:51 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/5/7186.jpg

AARRRRGGHHHH

Russ McGinley
06-14-2005, 10:57 PM
He really seems to have learned how to effectively throw the sinker. His fastball isn't anything special, but his sinker is really keeping the hitters off balance and him getting 400 ground ball outs tonight really showed it.

I think if Mitre continues to pitch well, he should stay in the rotation (barring any other injuries/setbacks). Rusch is more capable of pitching out of the pen and we can't continue to have young pitchers who start in AAA but are called up and pitch out of the pen (see: Juan Cruz). Of course, anything can happen, but if Prior and Wood are back and don't have any setbacks, and Mitre keeps pitching strong, might as well ride it out to the end.

And Derrek Lee > Albert Pooholes

Cubswin
06-14-2005, 10:58 PM
They've got nowhere to put Prior when he gets back.

Wood will take Koronka's spot when he comes back... assuming wood returns before Prior. If prior comes back first, he would take Koronka's spot. Mitre has earned at least a few more starts, Rusch has solidified his spot as a starter, and mad dog and zambrano arnt going anywhere. If prior and wood come back and mitre is still going strong you have to seriously consider moving woodie to the closers role. i know he is always inconsistant in the early innings of games but i think he would fit this role nicely... at least until he gets his strength up....

cubs

Cubswin
06-14-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this year Derrek Lee > Albert Pooholes

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Mr. Zero
06-14-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If prior and wood come back and mitre is still going strong you have to seriously consider moving woodie to the closers role. i know he is always inconsistant in the early innings of games but i think he would fit this role nicely

[/ QUOTE ]

I think down the road you'll see him as a closer, but it'll be because of arm concerns. He's kind of an enigma - you can throw lots of numbers at me to illustrate that he's only an average pitcher - but look at his K/9 ratio. He'll gain control later on. I think Schilling could turn out to be a good analogy.

bugstud
06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
don't forget Studramis.....

Cubswin
06-14-2005, 11:33 PM
shhhh... he's quietly making noise /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CCass
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He really seems to have learned how to effectively throw the sinker. His fastball isn't anything special, but his sinker is really keeping the hitters off balance and him getting 400 ground ball outs tonight really showed it.

I think if Mitre continues to pitch well, he should stay in the rotation (barring any other injuries/setbacks). Rusch is more capable of pitching out of the pen and we can't continue to have young pitchers who start in AAA but are called up and pitch out of the pen (see: Juan Cruz). Of course, anything can happen, but if Prior and Wood are back and don't have any setbacks, and Mitre keeps pitching strong, might as well ride it out to the end.

And Derrek Lee > Albert Pooholes

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be willing to bet that at the end of the year, A Pujols will lead D Lee in at least 2 of the triple crown catagories.

Jakesta
06-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Did you hear about a possible deal with the Yankeees? It would possibly send Sheffield to Chicago, and send Mitre and Patterson to the Yankees.

Cubswin
06-15-2005, 12:07 AM
i dont buy it. yanks had scouts at the game but they were most likely advance scouts... scouting for the upcoming series. i also dont think the yanks would deal straight up... plus wood and priors health is still in question.... why deal pitching when you are short on it already... if wood AND prior come back healthy then i might consider it....

cubs

Jakesta
06-15-2005, 12:09 AM
It's a bad deal for the Yankees anyway.

Patterson is a horrible leadoff guy(look at his OBP), and Mitre is not that great.

Sheffield is the #2 offensive guy in their lineup behind A-Rod, and they'd prob have to pay for part of his contract as well.

Just a rumor I heard, but it would be horrible for the Yanks to deal Sheff to the Cubs unless they got either Prior or Wood out of it. And they already have a sissy always-injured pitcher in Jaret Wright. I don't think they'd want another.

Cubswin
06-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Just a rumor I heard

you were at the cubs board tonight as well? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jakesta
06-15-2005, 12:16 AM
I heard it on NYYFans.com

They were talking about it being discussed on a Cubs message board as well. Apparently most of the fans on there wanted Sheff.

What's that board called anyway?

Cubswin
06-15-2005, 12:42 AM
www.cubs.com (http://www.cubs.com) -> fan forum -> message board

Aytumious
06-15-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you hear about a possible deal with the Yankeees? It would possibly send Sheffield to Chicago, and send Mitre and Patterson to the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, you really should stop posting these moronic trade proposals. This is not happening.

LoaferGee12
06-15-2005, 01:57 AM
As of now, this team looks better than the Sox. (As much as it pains me to say it)

Vince Young
06-15-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to bet that at the end of the year, A Pujols will lead D Lee in at least 2 of the triple crown catagories.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you taking bets?